ReefCleaners.org

Downsizing Question

KariE2B

Because I am moving, I have decided to sell my current setup. Still, I am not moving for a couple of months and would like to keep either my blenny or my percula in an eclipse hex system and maybe bring it with me back to Chicago. The only thing I would have in this tank is live sand, some snails, and my one fish...(and maybe a shrimp)...I would just use dead corals or barnacle shells for decor.

So, I have two questions:

1. Which fish would go better in a small tank like that: blenny or percula-I think it is a 5 gallon tank. I ask because my current take is 30 gallons with only 3 fish and so I am concerned about moving my percula into a much smaller living space.

2. If I were to have live sand in there (no corals or live rock), would I have to worry about the lighting.

Thank you for your help/suggestions!

the perc is easier to keep. the eclipse can handle both with its wet/dry biowheel tho.

youu don't need to worry about any light if it's just LS (or LR for that matter). ambient light is sufficient. (i.e. don't put it in shade if you're using the 2g explorer) the other eclipses have sufficient light for macro even. the dead corals will eventually seed into LR. hth

Archived