ReefCleaners.org

Drysocket's 12g Eclipse

Drysocket

This is my 12 gallon Eclipse.  It's been up and running since February.  I've got a 32 watt CSL PowerCompact.  It's a 50/50 - 10,000k and actinic.  I'm running my eclipse filter with the carbon and biowheel taken out.  It mostly just provides current.  I've got a 201 Hagen powerhead and a 50 watt cheap heater.  Got quetions?  Ask.  Hope you like the pictures.

Here's the whole tank.

Front.jpg

Different Angle.

3QuarterHi.jpg

My new open brain.

Brain.jpg

My monster xenia.  It's sticking to everything around it.

XeniaElong.jpg

Hammer coral.

Hammer.jpg

Blue Mushroom.

BlueMush.jpg

Four Brown Polyps.

BrownPolyps.jpg

Coral Banded Shrimp.(Scampi)

CBShrimp.jpg

Blue-legged hermit.

BlueLeg.jpg

An Artsy-Fartsy picture.

ArtsyFartsy.jpg

Xenia Close-up.

XeniaXclose.jpg

NanoReefer53

now that's gotta be the longest xenia stalk i've ever seen :o

And as HuBu asked, what camera is that ? I need a good digi cam.

Thanks!  It's a Fujifilm 2600Z.  I'm really happy with it.  It took a lot of messing around with the settings before I could get good, clear pictures, though.  If either of you get one, give me a hollar and I'd be happy to tell you which settings work well.

Wow that Xenia is incredible.  Dude your tank looks great!

I love the brain coral!  Thats got be be my fav coral. :)

Wow, keep up the good work.

I need to ask a very important question; those coralline algae at the back, is it actually green coralline or is it just algae?  Any idea why you have this colour coralline algae instead of purple?

Thanks.

Sahin - It's coralline.  I'm not sure why it's green.  There's actually patches of green and purple back there.  I kinda wish it was all purple, but what can I do, eh?  The only thing I can think of is that my LR had a lot of green on it when I bought it.  

d@mn  nice tank i rreally like your open brain and hammer cool coral band shrimp too its a really nice tank overall,Chris:)

I have a ton of green coralline algea too...its just as common as the purple as long as your rock had spores of them that were released into the water...Ryan

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

I have a bit of green coralline algae as well then.

I guess maybe its colour does depend on what was originaly there and what type of lights you have.

Thanks.

Cool, I like the little shelf you made for the brain.  It turned out really good.  Your tank is getting to look like a zen garden or something.

oceanjunkie

I have an eclipse12 fresh water that I've been thinking about reefin out.  These pics are just what I needed to see to get me going!  Awesome tank.  I'm thinking of going with the same lights.  Would you recommend anything different?  Also, looks like you have about 2" of sand there, do you know how many pounds you used?

Thanks

Oceanjunkie - I've got the "Supernova" lights.  I ordered them from the Nano-reef store.  I do have about 2 inches of substrate.   I used about 17 or 18 lbs....almost a whole 20 lb bag.

Whoa.  Thats weird.  I looked at this post yesterday and the pics were all there, but today the first pic is replaced by someone else's tank..

at least, thats what I'm seeing.  Why is that?  

Aaagh!!  You're right!  Someone must have named that picture the same thing that I named mine and it replaced mine.   That sucks!

That's a different picture of my shrimp, too.  It's replaced with one that I posted about a month ago.

Help me out, Chris!

(Edited by Drysocket at 10:30 pm on June 19, 2002)

Archived