Pod Your Reef

My buddies new 7 bow

deacon hemp

deacon hemp

I have finally made my friend go get his tank,he's wanted to get 1 for a while and he saw my new tank and it forced him to jump in! He decided to get a 7 gal bowfront and i helped pick out his rock he's picked out a 32 watt retro fit for it[they want $100 fer the dam thing]

deacon hemp

this is the tank 2 hours after the 1st pics,way less cloudy.i am pretty proud of the aqua scaping as this is my best yet!i can't wait to stock this thing.

Rock Anemone

Wow, awsome tank!!! Really like the overhangs as stated above. It be great to have mushrooms hanging off of them. Keep up the awsome work!!! Plus, you can get the CSL 32 for half the price on the net.

i can't wait to stock this thing.

I think this is now officially your tank more then his...:D

Rock Anemone:D

deacon hemp

Wow thanks rock anenome,that little overhang is definitely going to be smothered with mush.Is there a csl double 32 watter if not this tank will end up lame with mostly mush and polyps?i found a light on e-bay fer 85 us it was a jbj formosa it was perfect size but i read on this board not to buy them whats the deal?

p.s. i have officialy ganked this tank fer myself,but hey he's happy and i get the pleasure of setting up a new tank.lol

Rock Anemone

With the single 32 watt you will be able to keep softies, and a few LPS. I have seen people try Montipora corals that are growing well. Most and all the corals will grow fast too!

There are 2-32 watt retros on the market but you will need to build your own canopy, it won't fit in the hood that came with your 7 gallon AGA Bowfront.

Rock Anemone:D

deacon hemp

Thnx rock,ive decided to order from ahsupply 2x32 and build a canopy like u stated i just found ahsupply today and they ship up here!

• 1 month later...
deacon hemp

i went wit my friend today to the old lfs and picked up a few things a different clown goby that i haven't seen before and some shrooms,also picked up a 32watt csl retro kit.the tank is moving along slowly,too slow fer my liking!oh well it will be a stable tank.

deacon hemp

hey reefphreak theres about 9 pounds of lr in there now and there will be prolly a bit more from coral frags.As for the goby i don't know,i've only seen green-purple ones like sahin's or straight yellow or black ones.This is the first time i've ever seen this color strain!and theres one left at my lfs i might have to pick him up too for my other tank.

deacon hemp

this is one sweet clown gobie,it's acually my friends and now i'm jealous cause i don't really like my purple firefish it's become shy and doesn't feed much.I wish i could trade him straight up!

Archived