Coral Vue Hydros

Need Lights

deeporl

Ok I need lights for a 40. I was ripped off by my local pet store and need lights bad but no extra cash. The deal was a complete setup and some things to go in for a website. Well they have not gotten me my lights in over 3 months. So I can trade the domain www.awesomeaquariums.com or a reptile misting system. If no one can trade where should I order them online and which model. Thanks in advance.

those unethical jerks!! i can get you lights for less than any website, i have my own aquarium service business and hate hearing stories like yours, i to have been ripped off in the past!

what kind of lights are you looking for? what are your tank dim.?

what kind of animals are you going to keep?

The deminsions of the tank are 48" long 13" wide and 17" deep. That is the tanks outer deminsions it has the plastic inset and the plastic bar across the center. So if I figure in the inset the deminsions are 11 1/2" by 23" then the same thing again on the other side of the bar. The deal was for power compacts. I was wanting to keep my Damsel, P. Clown and then add an Anenome and some corals like bubble and zoos and hammer and other softies. Some snails and cleaner shrimp and maybe some form of star fish. So anyways thanks and what do you suggest?

pc's are a great choise! you don't need MH ! i can get you custom sea life retro kits as follows:46 1/2" 4x55w=$255+sh., 48" 4x55w=$185, 48" 4x96w=$247+sh., 48" 6x55=$234+sh.. all incl. actinic&10,000k bulbs,electronic ballasts w/waterproof endcaps, .s.s clips & polished aluminum reflector! hello lights has the best prices on the web, they are in order: $365, $259, $395, $365. you will get your biggest bang for the buck given the fact that you want to keep a hammer and an anenome would be the

6x55w retro, the 4x96w would kick butt, and the 4x55w's would do a pretty good job! check web prices and let me know if you want to order. thanks, greg

Try www.petsupplyliquidator.com they have a 4x55w pc setup with bulbs for $190 (click on monthly specials). I have some of their products and am very happy. Also, they are a nano-reef sponsor. I just ordered the bulbs for my new 250w mh setup from them.

Also, I have a 50 g tank with similar dimensions to yours. I have used 4x55w PC for over 3 years and keep frogspawn, hammer, sebae anemone, even acropora, pocillopora, and hydnophora with no problems. My sebae anemone is over 3 years old now (in my tank) and doing great.

$190 is a fair price but i can still do it for $5 less for the 48" and i am trying to help out fellow nano-reefers by at least saving them a few bucks! all i would make off of the deal is $3 for my time and ability to get wholesale prices!!

Hey I'm still intrested in lights. I just have to get cash real quick. I sold my computer and am getting payments on it. I have to spend the first on prom but I will get touch with you real soon hopefully.

Originally posted by papanano

i can get you custom sea life retro kits as follows:

46 1/2" 4x55w=$255+sh.,  

48" 4x55w=$185, 48"  

4x96w=$247+sh., 48"  

6x55=$234+sh..  

all incl. actinic&10,000k bulbs,electronic ballasts w/waterproof endcaps, .s.s clips & polished aluminum reflector!

since when did csl put 55w bulbs in their retrofits? thanks :)

my bad, i stand corrected. i was researching many different vendors and got mixed up!! these are from hello lights so you can check them out at there website. thank you for bringing it to my attention. greg

Archived