Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

did rio change???

Bozu

i bought another rio 800 to power my excaliber protein skimmer and its different than my previous 800. it just pumps water and dosnt mix it with air. am i doing something wrong here or something??????

did the original rio 800 come with the excaliber?

some of the skimmer companies (e.g. cpr) get custom retros for their PH supply. (especially since rio's=cheeep!) maybe you can swap the housings off the older one onto the new. hth

AZDesertRat

You either need the venturi version or the venturi/rejuvinator adapter kit. You should be able to remove the piece that holds the impeller in place and that the air injection hoses connect to from the old one and install it on the new one. That piece really doesn't wear out, I have moved mine from one pump to another so I didn't have to buy the venturi version.

You will likey need to swap powerhead bases with the old one. Rio has 2 "lines" of pumps....one is standard and the other is a venturi model....the base assembly of the pumps is different BUT exchangable between powerheads.

Many skimmer and filters use a venturi Rio instead of the normal base.

Hope that helps....Cameron

thanks i was vondering what the "V" stood for when i was looking at a website. well i got the rio venturi and its the same as my original. thanks again

Archived