Innovative Marine Aquariums

Safe/Effective Crazy Glueing Practices

PhatSOB

Hey Guys, I am trying to get a few zoa frags attached to my LR. I was unable to find the suggested Aquamend at my Home Depot so I decided to go with crazy glue gel with cyanocrylate. What is the best/safest way to attach these frags. Can I pull the frag out, dab the bottom with some glue and drop it back into the water and place it on the rock I want or do I have to pull the rock out and do all the gluing out of the water? perhaps that depends form glue to glue. I am just worried that I will kill everything off more than the frags not sticking to the rocks. Any ideas and help will be great. Thanks

Turn off all flow, Take the frag and put some glue on it....Then put it in the tank and push it on the rock you want to attach to...Dont worry about the glue it wont kill anything...

IME superglue gel is the best way to secure zoa frags. Unless the zoas are already on a large rock (in which case go with epoxy). Just put a generous portion on the bottom of the frag and place where desired. Careful not to get any on your fingers as it is sticky stuff.

If glueing underwater, I usually stick the whole glue bottle underwater and squirt some glue on the LR where I want to put the frag. Then I remove the bottle making sure that I don't suck in any water with it and wipe it off with a paper towel. Then I quickly put a good dab on the frag and put it underwater and push the two glued areas together. Hold it there for a 30 or so seconds to give it a chance to set.

This works really well for monti cap.

I agree with shaggy, superglue gel is the best stuff to use.

thanks guys, I got them all glued down with the super glue gel. Had one attached to my thumb for a few seconds but all is well now. Hopefully they will all stay where I put them. I guess I should have a good idea in the AM.

Archived