Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coral line why don't i have it?

Slimjim

hey all,

I'm new to the scene ive only been in it for almost 10months. I started a 11g nano the Via aqua 380 so far so good I got 2 false PARCs. some softies an about a 2.5inch deep sand bed :) oh ya an some LR. An in the other room my brother has his SUPER FANTASTIC 60 gallon reef Its so kool. we do water changes ever week almost, I get my water from hem. an my question is how come I'm not getting coral line on the glass? is it cause I have no hard corals? is it my light (which at this point BITES :) ) what causes coral line to grow an how come i don't got it? my brothers back wall is covered in it evn his refug that he started like maybe 30days ago is startin to be covered in it.

om no but his water is dosed with it. he has a dosing bucket. an I said to my self well I must not need to dose it or do I?

speaking from the experience of having two wonderful and caring big brothers myself, are you sure your bro ain't peeing in the water he's giving you? :

y'know, brothers are known to do some really hilarious f'ing things to each other. ("HA HA, that's funny. that must be why mom called off your abortion at the last minute!"-type of thing)

or it could also be that you just have something sucking up all the available calcium faster than the coralline can use it. (i.e. clam, stony, crustacean, halimeda, etc.)

or your bro's secretly dosing and not telling you.

(dave's right, i do tend to respond to coralline posts for some odd reason. ??? )

hmm. i knew that one night that i thought i was dreamin when i saw hem do that late one night Damn lmao :)

no but he dose so much for all his hard coral. i on the other hand dont really got any Hard corals. i got leathers,zenia,some lil turtle grass,mushrooms. for now ( Slimjim makes a Evil Laugh "MOHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, Mohahahahahaha")

no maybe i should test the calcium level?

Archived