inTank Media Baskets

Where to get Bone Cutters? (SoCal)

BREAD

Exactly what the titles asking. I've tried scissors and kitchen shears with no luck for fragging my SPS. Where would I be able to pick on of these guys up or maybe the next best thing? I was thinking dykes or something along those lines but I'd rather see if I can get my hands on some bone cutters first.

thanks.

The Propagator

EBay, Reef-geeks ect ect ect...... Just check out all the hot spot online LFS's. BTW though you can always just use an el'cheap'o small Pair of linemans pliers or some side cutters. even tin snips ( which is what I use) ;)

I was actually looking for a place that wasnt online otherwise I would of ebayed it a long time ago. I'll probably go pick me up some tin snips. Thanks Propagator.

I got mine from a group buy off RC or RF for $15, nice stainless-steel. Then someone stole them from my workplace. (######es....Okay, it's probably lost under my bed, lol!) I found 6" ones for $9.95 at Marine Depot, and 7" for I think 12 or 14. Same "model" that I had--just like big toenail nippers, except minus that rust-magnet of a coiled spring-mechanism and, suprisingly, cheaper.

That, or try a pet supply catalog--they're used as doggy nail clippers as well.

er1c_the_reefer

hit up the local swap meets. i got mine at the GWC swap meet for 7" 5 bucks. i got a bigger (around 9") pair for like $12 at the OC swap, which seems like a lot but it came with nail clippers and those nose hair scissors.

Awesome, so you can frag corals with one hand and get rid of your nose hair with the other!

Archived