SaltCritters.com

Fragging xenia n kenya tree

myaquarium

ok, can i just cut off i hand/branch/polyp whatever u call it from xenia and glue it down? also if i cut my kenya tree branch ( i cut it at the base of the branch right?) and put a toothpik and some rubberband that it? and how long b4 the mother colony heals? am i askinjg for trouble if i did this?

i can give you a partial answer. for the xenia, merely place a rock next to it. it will attach itself to the new rock, split itself from the old rock, and then split/multiply on the new rock.

I just did my xenia and kenya tree too.

With the xenia I just cut a stalk and then put it on a rock and spread bridal veil over it and rubberbanded the bridal veil. 2 days later it was attatched.

With the kenya tree, I tried to tooth pick thing, but it just kept slipping out of the coral. I was afraid to keep trying it, becuase I was afraid I would just end up killing it. I ended up using super glue gel to glue it to a peice of rock. I put it in a low flow area, and 5 days later it had grown over the glue and attached itself to the rock.

Not sure about 1 polyp? I usualy wait untill the center stalk splits or forks, and then cut one whole side. Then I use the bridal veil over them.

Kenya tree was about 10 inches in the water at full bloom, but about 4 inches out of the water. While I had it out of the water, I cut about one inch off of the top and glued it to a rock. The big one is now 7 inches in full bloom, and the other piece is about 4 inches in full bloom.

Archived