inTank Media Baskets

Changed to Workhorse 2, sucks..

streakerx

I changed out my existing Alife ballast to the WH2 cube, and guess what? My light is significantly dimmer than before... Why is this?? I thought that the Workhorse 2 was supposed to make the light brighter?? It's still the stock 27 watt aqualux lamp...Also, you're supposed to remove the starter when you install an electronic ballast right?

OxInYourBox

1) Recheck your wiring. When I did the swap my bulb was much dimmer and I realized that one of the wirenut connections wasn't solid. Don't count on it being brighter. Some people have reported mixed results with it-Basically the stock setup deteriorates along with the brightness. The main reason (personal) for doing the retro fit is to replace the unit before or after it goes out and to not have to run the annoying fan.

2) Buy a new bulb. I jostled my bulb too much and one of the actinic filaments came loose and it was much dimmer than before. This could be what happened to you.

3) You don't need the starter.

I should basically just check the red wires and the one orange/yellow one right? The two that go directly to the light..

Archived