Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Feather dusters

Reefy

I need some info on feather dusters. I've researched a lot about them but I'm not really clear about their care. What do you feed them? What kind of requirments do they need?

In general, you stick 'em in (preferably somewhere with decent flow) and feed some planktonic foods, goldenn pearls, micro-vert, phyto-plex....also if you feed frozen to fish, shrimp and such the "juice" will have some good stuff for these guys in it.

DO NOT feed DT's, it will most certainly kill everything in your tank (LOL).

If in your vast research you didn't find info on feeding and other "requirements", what did you find?

I stuck my feather duster near a rock about two months ago, had to move him twice. Twice a week I squirt either Kent invert food or frozen brine soaked in some tank water at him. Damn thing is a mess. Craps all over the tank. Kinda wish I'd not gotten him after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an albino feather duster. When I bought it a few months ago it was about 2" in diameter. It is now put on about 1'' on its tube and is 3-4" in diameter. I have had no problems with "crap" or feeding. I feed DT's for a while but I stopped a few weeks after I got it. I did not notice anything subdued growth because of this. My tank is 10gal and about 10# LR. It is in the center of the tank and kinda acts as a focal point. Really nice. It is also in medium to high current (a PH blows on the glass right infront of it) This was one of my first inverts and I would recomend them to other people as well. Like I said I have had no problems whatsoever. In fact I'm thinking about getting a few more ;-)

Capt'n PATS

Archived