Pod Your Reef

Azoo Tiny Power Filter

reefist

Anybody have the Azoo Tiny Power Filter? I ordered one for my 2.5 from Aquatic Eco Systems. The specs on their site says the unit does 15gpm. That can't be right, that's 900gph. I would be seriously impressed if they could pack that kind of power into a 3" wide filter. That would turn over my tank 450 times per hour. My stuff would be pinned against the glass. Seriously though, if someone does have it, what do you think? Their site didn't say anything about the media it comes with. If it is a piece of crap I'm only out $6.95.

If I am talking about the same one you are the media in the filter is a sponge. It also is no where near 2.5gpm because they are designed for the 1/2 gallon azoo tank that they make. It probably wont be big enough for the 2.5

fyi there's a couple of threads on this.

i have two of the tiny AZOO's. i think they mean 15gph. X) that's about right imo comparing it to the small eclipse filters which are about 35 gph. i think it's a great deal at $7 (for us nano-reefers at least). i've been testing them out for the last month or so. so far so good.

the only pita thing is can complain about is their spacer thingy. that design is a pos but it's not mission critical. on one tank (1g) i fixed it with a piece of air tubing and the other (betta) fit it just right actually.

reefist,

i don't think you'll be disappointed even if you paid $10 or so. maybe if you're a traditional reefer but they're perfect for our niche imo. as someone said, "now if they only made a tiny heater" :

The tank has been running for a long time with just a ZooMed micro pump and is thriving. I just thought it would be cool to be able to employ some mechanical and chemical filtration from time to time. So the cartridge is a sponge? The picture on Aquatic Eco Systems site looks like something different.

Its a sponge.

Discard it and make your own media bag or just use it as flow and add carbon when needed.

Search on my name to see info and pics concerning this filter.

Archived