SaltCritters.com

Whats a nano worth?

MinibowMatt

Im getting ready to tear down my MB7 and move into a recently finished 50G inwall. I love my nano, but It is in a bad spot, and i need to fill my new tank.

SO i am trying to figure a system price. Im not trying to drum up business, just evaluate what the community would pay for it-- As I wont be selling for 1-2 mths.

Its been set-up for 2 years and running continuously. I have had a mini crash once where i lost some zoos and SPS to a color shift on an old bulb. Otherwise it has been nearly self sustaining. I actually havent done a water change since May and my corals are thriving!

Its an AGA Minibow 7 (black silicone) with a custom solid walnut canopy. The canopy is showing wear, its got two good nicks in it. It houses a 70W MHrunning on a WPI ballast, and a new Astralux 14K bulb and a 32W CSL PC for actinic support-dusk/dawn.

I also run a CPR Aquafuge on a MJ600 with a custom modified surface skimmer. and 40W DIY CFL lighting. For circulation I am running a MJ404 and AC101 powerheads.

The tank equipment cost me (all new) apprx. 390$ plus custom hood.

I was thinking 300 OBO might be worth while? What do you think?

Thanx. the corals I have alone, are worth 200, but they arent included anyway. So you dont think that a fullly self sustaining system is worth more? This is a plug and play setup...

The Propagator

Follow the yellow brick road. ^

If the live rock and substrate are included that would be an ok deal.

But honestly right now with the hood, live rock, substrate, and even the stand all brand new and cycle they can be bought set up and ready to go from your local LFS for well under $300.00 .

The LFS's in my area frequently have 12g cubes on pedestals set up and ready to rock for $249.99.

I am not meaning to pee on your parde, but you did ask... :)

Now if allte coral were included and you had pics that makes the WORLD of difference. Even a few corals would be a huge difference.

Archived