inTank Media Baskets

Ideas needed quick, Aquafuge overflowing

JJshiv

Today my CPR Aquafuge started overflowing. Ive had it for almost a month and nothing like this has happened before. The only thing I can think of that can be happening is the return pipe is clogged. Any other ideas? Ive tried to limit the flow from the PH but it still over flows.

GOD DAMN TURBO SNAIL WAS UP IN IT. He was impedeing the flow. I was just about to stick a wire up in there to see if it was clogged and out he came. That bastard must have been in there for awhile cuz it flooded two separate times today. DAMN SNAILS. I might have escargo as a snack tomorrow. And to think

I almost got electrocuted because of a god damn snail. Now I have to think of a way to cover that thing so they cant get in. If you have a Aquafuge and turbos, you better cover yours too. I almost shorted out everything. Im ####ed if you couldnt tell.

Sorry, this is kinda funny, but I do feel your pain.

After hearing your experience, I am going to cover the return too. Any suggestions on what material to use to do this?

SeaMountain

Head on over to the LGS - Local Grocery Store for the n00b's - and drop a few coins for some grapes. Personally I'm kind of partial to the nice little green ones. The big red ones seem to always have those damn seeds in them! Ever get one caught between your teeth and no matter what you seem to use, it won't come back out? The only thing worse than that is having a Dorito chip get jammed into the roof of your mouth while chomping down on one. I've had them literally HANG from up there! :D

Anyways... Get the grapes sold with the neat green mesh bag they come in. Pop back a few grapes while you're cutting out a small circle of mesh, and then snap it onto your return. B)

You could also get a strainer at the LFS and put on it. Like the ones on the intake of a HOB filter. Even though the grapes would be cheaper and you also get a snack.

CPU

i had some pics of the stuff you NEED-to keep snails out. but they're lost in the archives-in a thread called new alife7 setup! (i think) by me, tg:blush:

its basically needlepoint material-a cheap gridded plastic sheet that costs about 30 cents a square foot at Michaels (craft store). you can use small zip ties to build little boxes of the stuff or a strategically placed flat sheet may do the trick. glazer made a lil snail screen of this stuff for his overflow on the DIY mini bow-you might check that thread. HTH!

tg

can we keep references to god being the cause for tank issues in the lounge? If there is a god, and he or she wastes time messing with a nano reef, I think we are all screwed.

The mesh would be your best shot and god damn man, ditch that turbo, they are nothing but trouble (see other thread with snails in the auto top-off float switch). Yup, I blasphemed, I hope my nano doesn't flood tonight.

I am so tired of people like you...I was just making a statement about his language. If someone wants to move this thread because of what I said, than by all means, DO IT! You ignorance about GOD shows a lot about you. Especially with the gift you were given (your avatar). I believe GOD will punish you by effecting things that we love.

Please do NOT reply to this, I am not interested in your ignorance about GOD!

God dammit Crak. Always gotta stir things up.

SeaMt- I like the grape thing. Credit cards, turkey basters, and now grape bags. The list grows.

If you put a strainer on their of any sort, make sure you keep IT clean because they can gum up pretty easily with algae and junk, especially the grape netting idea.

I am not sure how those CPRs are set up, but if they are like the fuge I custom built, they sit higher than the main tank and gravity feed back into it. A better idea might be to drill an emergency overflow hole higher than the other hole into it that empties into the main tank in case the first hole is clogged. I set my custom fuge up this way with a long slit like a HOB filter might have with a ramp.

And for the record, I hate the GD word too. I would rather hear someone say (or type) f*ck or sh*t than GD. If you believe in God, you shouldn't say it because that is blasphemic and if you don't, to me that is almost equivalent to a racial slur since you are essentially sh*ting on one's religion.

the aquafuge is set up so that it is higher than the tank. there is another post in this thread that has diagrams.

Not going to respond to the insanity regarding harm of any kind to my daughter. Too much dignity to wallow in the gutter but thanks for the prod, duly noted.

Yahweh

Christ

Allah

Shiba

Crakeur

Vishnu

There are many different Gods to many different people. A racial slur? "God" is a pronoun. Also don't see how asking Him to damn something is blasphemy. If you do, don't use it.

I have done an incredible amount of reading in my 50 years of life.

Reading is amuch a hobby of mine as anything else i do.....

you know in all my years of reading and knowledge, i have nere read anywhere that God had a last name.

I don't mean to pi$$ anyone off here - please know that.

i was a sailor - i got a mouth like a drunken trucker that rides Harleys.......i swermore than most people on earth -- but those are 2 words that U will never hear come out of my mouth in tandem.

and NO...i am not a religous person.

SeaMountain

Since this thread has begun to D...r...i...f... t...

Now would be a great time to reference 'Dogma'!!!

jsbstash_1729_38170

'Buddy Crakeur'

B)

If god is responsable for these things that are happening then he is exactly whom I want to address my frustration to. So when I say GOD DAMN then it's for a reason. I'm letting him know I'm unhappy with his work.

Thanks for all the replies, even the ones about my language. They were kind of comical. Is this better? F*CKIN SNAILS.

Anyways, Im gonna try to construct something that is easily removed for cleaning, most likely out of a strainer or something like one.

Originally posted by TheIceberg

Why don't you check out www.dictionary.com and type in God and see what you come up with.  Nice try.

Thanks for the clarification, professor. I was speaking abstractly. What I meant, regardless of what Mr. Webster says, is that the term "God" is not exclusive to your savior or your religion. Thereby, a likeness drawn between using a term frowned upon by your faith and the belittling of someone through racial bigotry is absurd.

I'd be happy to rehash this issue ad nauseum in the lounge, but Crakeur is absolutely right. Done here.

actually Satch, since JJ sort of put the thread to closure with respect to his original question, let me add that Jesus does have a last name. Let me state now that I believe everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want, whomever they want etc. If you want to preach, do it at church. This jew is tired of hearing how I should or shouldn't talk about a god that ain't mine. I don't believe that my joking around with respect to my being god is going to result in my tank crashing (although last night's issue was pretty damned godly) and I don't need some bible thumping yahoo to tell me that my daughter is going to be hit with some pox or plague because I said that this thread isn't about god or religion but about someone's aquafuge. I will reiterate that anyone that thinks their god, whomever he or she might be, is going to take time out of their busy life running the entire existence, to damage a 10 gallon nano reef because the owner of said reef used his name and damn in the same sentence, well, we are all fugged. No doubt that a god that cares more about some petty crap like that will let us perish. I can see the headlines of the Heaven Gazette: World explodes because god was too busy punishing Crakeur's 7 gallon reef tank for things Crakeur said.

I am now officially out of this nonsense. It is popping up in threads way too much of late. Can we please leave our religious beliefs in church or temple or at the mosque?

My religious beliefs have yet to be metioned, crakhead!:P

Also, I think your Daughter is very cute, when you first put up pics I showed my wife because we are going to be planning soon. Any person that would wish or try to harm your child is SICK!

All I asked is that the word GD not be used. I would respect you if you asked for me not to repeat a word around your wife or kid or even a word that you did not like to hear.

That is all!

I can understand that my beliefs are not the same as yers! I am not a pastor nor do I believe in pressing your belief on someone. It was just a simple request!

Thanx guys!

Archived