SaltCritters.com

Dilema....and a question

Argent

I have this new frag I received

Picture%20843%20(Medium).jpg

(yes TP those are your palys next to it they are doing quite well and I believe have already grown another polyp - unless you sent me 6)

Now - this frag - has lots of cool two tone green polyps - but the real reason I bought the frag was for the two polyps of what we're calling at michiganreefers as Carlito's Alien Eyes - a better pic of someone elses frag can be seen here (and gives you a great idea of what this color morph looks like - Thanks Marvinsreef!)

CarlitosAE.jpg

So - my question is -- can I/should I extract the (turns out to be at least three) polyps of CAE's from this frag and mount them on their own bit of LR to try and grow out a colony of them without the crowding interference from the green ones on the rest of the original frag. If so are there any tips tricks hints to share with me on how to do it? (I'm a fragging virgin) I paid decent money for these and would hate to mess them up - but they are very spectaculiar looking.

Thanks in advance...

if that was my frag, i would cut the green ones, (snip snip snip) rinse in seperate salt water for a 10 minutes, then watch your zoa grow!

well I just finished my first foray in to fragging -- hopefully both patients survive. The green ones have been left on their rock and put back in the 5.5G tank -- while the cool Carlitos Alien Eyes have been placed in the 1.5G tank with Natasha.

Picked them up from the LFS - I had never seen the color morph either and were a bit steep at $10/polyp but I did get the rest of the zoas on the frag for the $20 tag. And I can see these actually have a third poylp on them already.

Oh yeah and I have a line a mile long of people waiting for these to grow out.

Thanks -- there's already one baby polyp opening up and it looks like there might be a 4th starting to grow. Which is amazing considering I can't get any of my other zoas I've had in my other tank for months to grow at all.

The Propagator

Well some of the most colorful and desired polyps right now are protopalythoas and it looks like you can get them to grow off the charts so your set LOL !!

Archived