Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tank Decisions

SirHelm

Well I have thought about what I would like to get for a nano. Now I am trying to decide what kind of tank/lighting setup I should get.

Currently I am thinking about these:

1) Ecliplse 6 Hex and small powerhead

2) 10 gallon bow front with a clamp 19" 36 watt light system from JBJ. small powerhead

Which one should I go for?? Currently intersted in getting 2 clowns, some gobies, couple ananomes, shrimp, etc....

Any pros and cons to each?

Thanks for your help

SH

From what all I have read Nano Reefs can support VERY little fish and most ppl that talk about getting 3-4 fish in a nano are yelled at to no end.. They are quite right though they produce far to much waste for such a small system. The most I have seen is 1 guy that had 2 clowns in a 10. I myself have a 7 and I am planing 1 gobie mabey 2 if I am lucky.

BTW, Have you thought about getting a Mini-Bow 7 from AGA? They run about $50 and there is a lighting kit to replace the stock one that takes like 2 drill holes to install in the hood of the system, CLS 32 Retro Light Kit is about another $50 though. The same lighting kit fits the Ecliplse 6 the stock lights in these systems were not made for reef life they are for Godfish <.< You would probably have to replace it in Ecliplse system if you got it anyway.

I don't want to burst your bubble, I am new to Nano Reefing also but the thing that ive learned is that Nanos are just that.. Nano you give up the luxries of a 120 tank when you go this small.

Hope I kind helped <.<

Beer

You should go to the info links and read up on the Ananome(s). Chris has some very good points, and excellent info regarding this topic. While you're there you will see lots of other info on topics you may not have even thought of yet. I would also suggest wetwebmedia.com, they have an extensive database of non-nano but sensible ideas.

PS: Don't forget the search feature on this site, believe me, someone HAS asked the question you have, and probably 10 times.

Archived