inTank Media Baskets

my new 40 gallon.. pictures 6/22

anthony812

Hi, guys and gals..i finally got some picture of the new 40 gallon i got...here is the spec, then pics..

Uniquarium 40 gallon, built in wet/dry filter, 45 lbs of ls, 35lbs of lr (because i don't think i have strong enough light for moer lr), sea clone 100 skimmer, 1 aquaclear 402 power head, 1 Rio 400 powerhead, plus the one in the sump..lighting:  1 x 29" 40W 10,000K, 1 x 29" 40W 50/50 actinic, 1x 29" 30W Coralife Color enhance light.  (i know its not enough, i am savign up to buy a 36" PC combo..hood, light and fan..my local LFS wants $250 for it!  aHHHHHH!!!!  if anyone know anywehre better ..let me know.

I think i put too much fish in there..cuz i went fish happy shooping on saturday at the Aquatic Outlet..everything was 35% off! so i couldn't resist...my fault...T_T  i am crossing my finger and hope for the best now..but i have tested wht water for the past 2 days..everything seem to be staying at good place.. OH, I also put   soem of the RED MACRO ALGAE i bought for the tang in the first back sump...is that a good idea...?  cuz they gaev me wayyy too much.  well, i should stop talking and let you guys see it...

full1.jpg

full3.jpg

side1.jpg

branchflowerbest.jpg

colt1.jpg

redalgae1.jpg

scooter1.jpg

trueclownbest.jpg

whitetipleather1.jpg

(Edited by anthony812 at 8:10 pm on June 24, 2002)

and more.......hehehe

trueclown2.jpg

redfidler.jpg

mimictang.jpg

hawk1.jpg

branchflower2.jpg

closefull.jpg

nud1.jpg

ok..what type of nud. is this?  its got green and black line pattern on its back, also with 2 black horns!!  i got it for $5..sicne the guy at the LFS didn't know what it is...could anyone tell me please.

(Edited by anthony812 at 8:11 pm on June 24, 2002)

Joxer the Mighty

Wow...absolutely beautiful!  How long has it been up and running? Is that a Clear for Life? I think the red macro should be fine in the back as long as it's getting enough light. Very, very nice!

i bought this tank on 6/17...but it wsa already a running tank with established water for over 6 months....so i kept the same water in containers and brought it back to my house...then a shocking thing happend..when i try to test the salt level with a hydrometer, the water went off scale!!!  it was so high..that i took out 15 gallon and then replaced 15 gallons of Distilled water to get the salt level back down to 0.215...or something like that..but it was still a little high..so i went to the store and bought 5 more gallon to change the water..then now its finally bcak down to 0.213-214...  there was a black damsel that came with the tank..and he lived in that water for over 5 months!!  can you believe that!!  LOL  anyhow,,then i wonder was the water still any good with all the water changes and distilled fresh water i add in..does it have to go through the cycle again?  so next day..i just went to my local LFS and bought 35 LBs of Lr ($1.99/lb..premium cured fiji) wow! great deal! and just let the water sit and run for a couple of days...then i tested the water..and find no trace of nitrites and ammonia, but the ph is kinda low..8.0-8.2...what can i do to raise it up?  i already did so much water changes...^_^

on friday..i got my paycheck and the coupon ..so i decided to go crazy on saturday..and i sure did!  LOL...

but again..i got the set up for $130..i can't complaint too much...

Anthony it looks beautiful!

Could you please edit your post and put each picture on it's own line with a space in between each one. All you have to do is bump each line down. That would make the pictures  load vertically which is better for viewing.

thank you all for the compliments...hey MY ALIFE 7...i am a UCSD grad!  class of 97, Revelle..^_^

By the way..i added a giant shroom and a couple brown hairy shrooms today..i will try to take pictures next couple of days

Nishant3789

Me likes!  very nice tank dude, i love the persula clown u have its amazeing! I t ake it u have VHos on there? the actinics are a little purple but it makes the tnak look even better Wow! U got a great deal dude, good luck

absalute- come on now.......this is what i mean  by some people just prefer neater tanks....

nishant

Ok I'm going to jump in here. Thanks for editing the picture layout!

It's very beautiful but you have way too many fish in there. I counted 13-14? Too much too fast. I don't know enough about fish a this point to tell you which are not a good choice. It's so hard not to go crazy because they are so very beautiful!

I'm only planning on having 3 in my 20 and it's very hard to decide which kind to pick. I love clowns so I'll probably get a pair of them and only one more fish.

Looks nice, but how many fish do you have in there?  I'm counting ten in the first pic alone, then there are closeups of a few others... way too heavily stocked for a reef, IMO.  

Guest AbSoluTc

HAH!  I knew it!  He is asian.  I knew I saw some asian influence in his tank!  Neiner neiner niener! :)

Anthony -

Superb tank indeed.  Looks like you have setup you tank in a more "asian" style than american.  I hope I did not offend you?  Anyways, keep us posted!

great tank anthony, but i agree, you added too many fish too fast. if you start to see signs of aggresion, sickness, or your water quality starts to suffer, remove some of the fish.

Hi guys/gals,

First of all, i know i went crazy on the fish..heheeh...that is why i am keeping my fingers crossed..I have hmmm.... 1x mimic tang, 1x sail fin tang, 5x Green Chromis, 2x scooter blenny, 2x true percula clowns, 1x clarkii clown (by the way..they are very friendly with eachother and sharing the 2 Seabe Anemone very well), 1x ??Hawk fish, 1x Royal Gramma, 1x ??? Cardinal fish..hmmm...that is 15 fish!!! AHHHHH!! i put too much!  hehe...but i don't think it will be a problem cuz they all look fine in my tank now..for the past 4 days at least..^_^

I really don't think i will add anymore corals in there or LR until i buy the PC light..HEY GUYS..i found a place that will sell the POWER COMPACT 36" with 2x 96W lights with a hood and built in 2 fans for $199.99..is that a good deal?

I will definitly take some of the fish out if i see any difference int he water quality..heheh .. i guess that is why i have the Pulsing Xenia in my tank..they are SUPER sensitive to water quality, with them around..they are like my life water tester  ^_^

Quote: from rhinoivory on 6:51 am on June 25, 2002[br]What is the third last coral that symbolises a candycane (its white, 4th picture, has the red fish in it)

Don

IT is called a Branching Flower Pot...i guess it is the same family with the regular flower pots, except that this one won't extend out as far. I have never seen one of this and when i saw it..it was decading alittle, so i bought it as frags for $5. and see if i can save it.

Quote: from AbSoluTc on 7:39 am on June 25, 2002[br]HAH!  I knew it!  He is asian.  I knew I saw some asian influence in his tank!  Neiner neiner niener! :)

Anthony -

Superb tank indeed.  Looks like you have setup you tank in a more "asian" style than american.  I hope I did not offend you?  Anyways, keep us posted!

Hmmm..how does an asian design like?  I didn't know there is a difference..^_^  I am a Graphic Designer/Art Director as my job and that's probably why.

RICE POWER!

Archived