Cultivated Reef

My NC

mad921

Nice and simple :D good job.

Hey can you tell me were to buy one of those moving heads (were the water exits the sump) I have been stalking the fourms for awhile (6 months lol) and I can't find the old URL, thanks! Oh and if you could tell me...would it fit the aquapod?

Is that a rose tip annenome in the center? How is it doing under those lights. Are they stock? I think its an awesome tank btw.

Is that a rose tip annenome in the center? How is it doing under those lights. Are they stock? I think its an awesome tank btw.

Yeah, its a Rose Tip. Lights are the stock DX, which works out to about 4.5 WPG when the actual volume of the tank is calculated. I was also a bit skeptical as to whether or not he'd thrive, but I picked him up locally from a guy who raises them and really seems to know his stuff who told me that it would be fine. He said he's actually seen them do well in even lower light. So far I haven't had any problems at all, he's stationary in that spot (a sign that he's happy) and he's not losing any color at all.

Yeah, a 12. Just getting my feet wet with this one and am going to upgrade in a few months. Thinking really hard about a 32g Finnex M-Tank.

Yeah, a 12. Just getting my feet wet with this one and am going to upgrade in a few months. Thinking really hard about a 32g Finnex M-Tank.

Good i love that tank :happy: Just have to set it up...lol (once I put enough hours at my horrible PT job...paper or plastic? :mellow: ) that is the finnex M-tank.

Have the clowns hosted yet?

~mAzDa

Not entirely. They rub up against the anemone a lot, and one of them hangs out just to the side of it most of the time, but neither have completely taken the plunge yet.

I love the look. Very natural, not "staged" to look like a reef. A+

Thanks! That's exactly what I was shooting for. I look at all my tanks as a slice of nature and really try to keep them them that way. This is my first SW attempt, but I've done a lot of freshwater which is what I primarily keep. Here's a quick shot of my 75g FW planted tank (slightly off topic here of course...):

tank052.jpg

Archived