Innovative Marine Aquariums

Blue Wave I & II

Cyber

Hey Cyber,

I do like there ballast design but I would recommend an electronic ballast. I believe that is a magnetic ballast and seeing that the sempra energy has us by the short and curlies every little bit helps in my book. The electronic ballasts generally run cooler therefor not losing much energy to heat. Just a thought =)

If that doesnt concern you much then yes I have read many good things about them. I even had a chance to look at a setup with them a long while back and the design of the ballasts are pretty unique. If you want more first hand experiance search on Reef.og or RC. Theres a bunch of people using them.

Good luck

Hello,

Yep, I was thinking about a electronic ballast. However, most good "package deal" out there come with magnetic ballast. I've been looking for a 175-250W MH Retrofit with electronic ballast and 10K bulb for $200 or less but can't find any of them. The closest one I came across is the one from www.reeffanatic.com for $165 without bulbs, then add $70 for the bulb that's $235 + shipping/handling. Been checking ebay but all they have are magnetic ballasts or "grow" systems. :*(

Anyone know if I can get an electronic ballast MH 175W retrofit with bulb for $200, please give me some pointers.

Thanks

Cyber

Sorry man I really doubt you'll find anything under $200 with an electronic ballast. Champion lightings E-ballast is $133 alone and they run VERY cool. Like I said in my PM check the classifieds on different boards. I remember seeing an Aqualine fixture with 4 150w DE bulbs for $500! I think it was RC

Archived