inTank Media Baskets

Another clown fish

eferna

I have one clown in my 10 gal right now, should I go any get a companion for him or her or whatever it will be or should i get a new coral.

hmmmm

i'm not sure but arn't you supposed to add clownfish at the same time? otherwise there will be alot of aggression between them if you add one now. i say do a coral or a different species of fish.

yeah a lot of people have said that there will be a lot of agression. If I get a much bigger clown fish then I think that the smaller one will feel intimidated and leave it alone. My clown does not seem too territorial yet. I could be wrong.

Yeah I went to my LFS today, but I did not like how the clowns look. The colors on my clown are vibrant. In the store they had their fnis nipped and did not look very healthy, so I decided only to get RO water.

• 2 weeks later...

It would definitely not be a good idea to add any more clowns. How long has the clown been in your tank and where does he seem to be most occupied. I would try adding a small tank raised goby, like a neon or something similiar, but i would definitely not recommend another clown. If your looking for real healthy fish visit www.liveaquaria.com. They have some of the best fish. If you have anymore questions just ask me.

I'd stick with the fish you have now and get another coral. I love my two fishes in my 24G, but thats the most fish I will ever keep in this tank.

I think adding another fish will just ruin things. The new fish may get picked on and become stressed out--perhaps even succumbing to disease at worst.

Even if nothiong drastic happens, the fishmay fight etc to dominate.

Either way, its better to have a lower fish stock level especially in smaller tanks.

Lower fish stock level means better water quality than a tank with more fishes.

Keep a lookout for a nice coral and get that instead.

Plate corals are absolutely lovely, and you can feed them too.

To sum up; dont get another fish IMO, get a coral, much nicer.

Archived