Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The 6.6 returns...

Prowland

I am going this morning to set the 6.6gal back up at my mothers work. I am going to use stock lighting with a 15W life-glo 2 bulb in it.

I was wondering what could be kept in that lighting.

I want to get some good looking shrimp and maybe a fish or two. I dont plan on making this a reef tank but a few low light corals that are very easy to care for.

I am going to put the LS and LR that I have left over from the switch to my 5.5gal.

And watch the temp and see what it does for a few days.

Any Ideas on inhabitants would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks!

lol. When I saw this thread I thought that you were going back to the 6.6G again.

Anyways, shrooms, zoos & I can't think of anything else. If I were you I would get a 20W coralife 50/50 screw in bulb, it would be alot better.

Post pics!

texx

That hood is made for an 18in light. I have a 6,700K bulb in it now. Should I switch it to a 50/50 then. I am not really wanting to mod the hood.

Do the 50/50 for sure... you could keep shrooms and zoas with that... the tank will look better with the 50/50 too.... I used to run a AGA 10 with two 50/50 15Watters and that tank was pretty sweet, should work fine and be easy for your mom... make sure you use some good LR though....

acrab78: I am going to get her that 50/50 light then sometime this weekend. I have had good luck with LR from premium aquatics and will be picking her up some more as I threw in a few chuncks that I had from switching tanks.

And ideas on other inhabitants? I want to get her something that is active and colorful.

Thank you.

Shrooms & zoas are always the default, could probably go with kenya trees or similar too.

I'd go with a few small gobies, many available. Blue neons are nice fish & usually have a bit of personality, plus they catch the eye pretty well. Goby/pistol shrimp pair would probably be interesting as well.

Archived