Innovative Marine Aquariums

My 12g Eclipse Reef

sirharper

Hello folks, I'm a newbie on here. Here are some picts of my 12 gallon Eclipse. I am often jeered by more conventional sized reef tankers but now I know were to send them. In fact many larger reefers I've met choose to believe it can't even be done under 55 gallons. All this time I thought based on their opinions I was overstocked and undersized. Looking at some of the setups some of you have running and mine is downright sparse!

The filtration is the standard Eclipse with a Custom Sealife retrofit kit 64w 10k/Actinic combo bulb. I have 3 species of Mushrooms, buttons, Xenia, a flower leather, long tent anenome, Emerald Crab, true Percula, 4 Stripe Hamburg. I've lost track of live rock weight consisting mainly of Fiji with some nicer Marshal Island toward the top.

feb2003.JPG

Welcome aboard. See, you were not wrong with what you were doing. One thing though, I know of the debate of what size constitutes a "nano" that has been debated, but I am curious, you stated.

In fact many larger reefers I've met choose to believe it can't even be done under 55 gallons.
What do you consider a "larger reefer"? I think if you are over 190 pounds you would be considered a "larger reefer". However, I have heard from others that you have to weigh over 200 pounds to be considered. Then again if you are over 6 feet tall, I believe 240 then constitutes the "larger reefer" title.:D

I am joking here. In case you really thought I was serious. Nice tank and welcome aboard.

PS, sweet anemone, how long have you had it?

I'm 6'0" 180lbs I suppose I should have "convinced" them I was correct? lol

That was my first anemone, after 9 months it outgrew the tank and was swapped for the one in the overview picture.

SeaMountain

I'm 6'1" and tip the scales at 210lbs. Bigger than the average reefer...

Am *I* considered to be a Larger Reefer!? B)

You should consider yourself as a proud member of the "bigger reefer" aquarists, but by popular account, you are 60 pounds shy of the "mega reefer" title.

Archived