Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Phixion's Aquapod 12g

Phixion

Matt, I think only MD sells the orange cat eyes I have not seen them on anybody else website. They are expensive though $4 buck per snail IMO worth it. Your algae looks like the stuff I had. On the MD website it says that they eat hair algae. If you get some they will take care of it. You saw how much algae I had right Matt? Then you saw the after shots? Those 2 orange cat eyes are the ones that really did the job. My turbo was good but he was so huge and slow. He couldn’t get on all the small areas and he kept falling on his back side. I gave him to Gabe from RC AKA bebo77

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on the lights. I think you can order CFL with lights, but I think they're PC's, I think you want T5 or MH, correct?

They also have a sweet 20L.

Check it, yo!

20R CFL @ Jeff's

Definitely either of those 2 light options, I'd perfer T5HO over MH though because of heat and power consumption.

The CFL tank I was eyeing out was this one...

Ah, you want the Uniquarium. Those are sick! Let me know if you get it, I would love to check it out when you're setting it up!

Yeah, the Uniquarium is gangster! I'll for sure let you know if I get one and when I set it up! B)

your tank is so cool, especially your jawfish, hows he doing btw.

if you have the time check out my new tank thread

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...101022&st=0

Thanks! B) Dusky is doing just fine, I call him the MIA fish because I've gone a week and a half recently without seeing him which I was recently out of town for a bit. I literally about only see him when I feed him 3-4 times a week. otherwise he's burrowed up on his "cavern" under the rocks.

Sadly today, Shrimpy my scarlet cleaner died. I noticed him belly up literally on the sand in the back corner doing my daily Nimble cleaning of the glass when I come home from work. I thought it was just his molted shell since it's about that time, but alas it was him in the flesh. Scooped him up real quick and tested the water. Everything checks out fine, maybe he was older when I bought it back in July?? :mellow: I'm sad now. :(

Asin, I seriously can't wait to get into a bigger tank. More breathing room, maybe I'll actually see my jawfish since I'll scape it to eliminate as much burrow space behind the rocks as possible, and I'll put in in a inch or two more of deeper sandbed as well.

awesome matt. ive seen one in the store and love the way they glow purple under actinics!

Same here! I loved them ever since the first time I saw one. I used to want a strawberry (purple) dottyback, but the orchid is so much more vibrant in color!

NEW updated pic of Dusky, my dusky jawfish. He finally re-arranged his burrow so that now he looks out from the front and I can see him often, YAY! :D

Dusky3.jpg

Matt

That is a really nice tank! I just picked up a AP12 myself. Any mods to your tank? Pumps, fans, etc?

Before I even did anything with my AP12 (literally the moment I unboxed it), I changed the pump for an MJ900 and added a Hydor FLO to it. Later on I added an ICA chiller to it because the temps would get too high during the day. Other than that all I did with it was flip the stock fan to blow OUT and cut the inner vent slats out for better flow.

Give me a hollar if you got any questions about yours and stuff. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Looking really nice Matt!

Check it out! It's the same torch (literally the same coral) that was hosting my tomato when I had it. That's tight that it's hosting clownphizzle.

zhost.jpg

Bullienanoreef

Phixion, where did you those green and pink paly's from? That isn't that large colony in the left corner is it? They are awesome lookin. Great tank!!!! I have a 12g aquapod too and startin to stock it with some nice zoos. I have some new frags coming tomorrow from Rommel.

John

Phixion, where did you those green and pink paly's from? That isn't that large colony in the left corner is it? They are awesome lookin. Great tank!!!! I have a 12g aquapod too and startin to stock it with some nice zoos. I have some new frags coming tomorrow from Rommel.

John

Awesome! I love my Pod but it's getting too cramped. :( The greens are the same type of paly as the colony I have, but they are just a frag of some from another member. Actually that frag you speak of is a lot brighter and more vibrant in color than the ones I have unfortunately, but what can ya' do? lol!

Hey Andrew, is my torch frag from you seriously in your tank when your Tomato was hosting it? That's freakin' cool! B) Poor Phizzle (or torch I should say) hosts the torch super hardcore. =/

Iz, how about I let you borrow my zoas till I get a bigger tank. :P

Iz, how about I let you borrow my zoas till I get a bigger tank. :P

Anytime, bro! I've got the extra tank with all my frags, so if you ever need a place to put some stuff, its no problem, just let me know.

Cool, thanks Iz! B) I'm alright for now, I'm hoping to get the new tank by the end of the year if not sooner. Once I do, I'll call you over to check it out!

Cool, thanks Iz! B) I'm alright for now, I'm hoping to get the new tank by the end of the year if not sooner. Once I do, I'll call you over to check it out!

Hell ya! Can't wait. There's another cat on here that has that 30 Finnex. Have you checked out his thread? Its coming along nicely.

I have, it is quite nice!! I gotta get in contact with Chris from nanotuners about if when I can pick one up from the shop since they sell them. Then I gotta figure out how to get it home, lol!

I'll be more than happy to help you out. As long as its a day that I'm off. I don't know where there shop is at. I'm probably taking some time off around Xmas time, so maybe one of those days. :D

Archived