Top Shelf Aquatics

My 10 gallon

Fishiebusiness

maybe he just takes pride in the clenliness of his tank absolutc? it does look really clean and nice though, i like your aquascaping.

Fishiebusiness

Hey thanks guys, the tanks been up about 2 months. All levels are good, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates undetectable by AqPharm tests. Its not as clean as it looks. And thanks to nanoreefer for the terrific colt!

Fishiebusiness

Theres around 10 lbs of LR with 3 lbs of base rock that i used to support the LR.

There is also 4 lbs of LS plus some dead sand, so about 12 lbs total sand.

For circulation, i run a powerhead 303 and a medialess penguin mini with a surface extractor to get rid of anything that builds up on top. I also have a powerhead 203 pumping water to a 5 gallon refugium which is empty for the moment. I'll be adding a light, somr LR/LS and some caulerpa to that this weekend, so i'll have pictures soon.

Clean up crew consists of 2 small blue leg hermits and 6 astrea snails. One percula clownfish also resides.

BTW, can anyone ID my clown as true or false perc?

Thanks

NanoReefer53

Oh yea, it's actually my mistake.

It was sold to me as a colt, as it did look like one in the big ol mother colony. It's actually a green Nephthea. Hopefully it'll expand it's polyps too.

NanoReefer53

What's the lighting specs ?

This this grows nice under even low light. I had this growing a lot under a 36w in a 10g.

Oh yea, I think u can take out the toothpick now, check that it's firmly attatched first.

thats tank looks a lot bigger than a 10 gal. nice rock set up. its like one major circular rock formation...hehehe writing down ideas for my 29 gal.

Fishiebusiness

Thanks for the input everyone!

Nanoreefer- mine is 36 watts also, so i guess it'll be fine, hehe its like i have a new coral :). Do you have any further recommendations for corals which do well under this much light?

(Edited by Fishiebusiness at 12:35 am on June 28, 2002)

hey i see you got your tank up on myfishtank.net. I put my freshwater up. It finally got posted after a month. I'll probably add my nano to it soon.

Archived