Top Shelf Aquatics

any make there own fragg plugs?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i've been searching the web all morning to find diy info on making coral plugs for my fraggs.

just wanted to know if anybody here has done this, and how?

any tips,tricks, and links would be greatly appreciated.

is it something i can do with just sand and crazy glue?

thank you.

is it something i can do with just sand and crazy glue?

I suppose you could... You could also buy some el cheapo lace/dead rock from your LFS and break it up with a hammer.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

ha ha ha ha, anit no such thing as super cheap rock at my lfs.

but i do have some rubble in my aquariums. problem is, the flow in my prop tank keeps knocking the very small frags over. i was hoping to build some of the top hat looking plugs, ti fit right inside the eggcrate.

Krazyglue/sand would work, but you may have better luck with epoxy/sand.

It would take a little longer to cure, but you would have more time to mix/mold it. Plus, you could get a large quantity of it for relatively cheap.

Id do epoxy and gravel/sand. Roll it into a sheet, then hit it with round cookie cutters (or anything round the size you want, really). Let the pieces dry and bang... plugs.

Or chrismas tree shaped cookie cutters. Green zoas on the top, brown on the trunk, and a few red eyes scattered around for ornaments. Wow that would be cool.

Do you mean aside form all the info currently in the frag plug sticky? As well as all the other frag plug threads in this section?

Was this thread moved here?

Archived