Coral Vue Hydros

Watching the algae grow

caja

Got my new CSL PC 2x32 lights installed 6 days ago and now I can sit back and watch that darn brown algae growing before my eyes. <> At least my lazy a$$ turbo snail is actually moving around now and plowing his way along the edge of the sand bed and acrylic. He sucked a swath of algae clean in record time!:)

shoot. i may have confused you caja with someone else. blah.

/me shuts up now. GL. sowwy if ur tank is "old"

I bought a snail at the LFS that they said was a tiger snail. It hides in the shadows during the day and works at night. Within a night it had cleared all the glass panels, and within a week, they were all totally clean. I was also told it was the only snail that ate hair algae. I haven't seen them mentioned in any post that I can remember, does anyone have any info on them? Regardless, I am impressed with this snail. Best $3.00 I've spent so far!

It's okay Adin. The fixture is only a week old, the tank, 2 1/2 months. Normal algae bloom, but man does it grow fast! I'm cutting back to about 10 hours on whth the lights as opposed to the 12 I had been running. My turbo snail pooped himslf out by gorging on algae and is sleeping peacefully on a rock. :)

I'll have to look close. He does have some distinct markings, but I can't remember exactly what they are. If I can get a pic I will, but like I said, it hides under the rock in the shadows all day, and comes out in the dark. All the algae including the green hair on the glass is gone. I hasn't touched the hair purple stuff starting on the sand (cyano?) but from what I've read here not much will. I just took pics of the tank last night, If they look good I'll try and post today. I want to put up good pics, not s*&ty ones :).

Archived