Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Within the next week, I want a 25+ gallon cube

Surfzup2k4

I know Perfecto, Oceanic, and Glasscages make them but am I missing anyone? I need to buy something within the next week. I am moving and I only want to set the tank up once. I am just making sure i've covered all the brands of cubes before I decide. Right now im deciding between the perfecto 37 and the oceanic 30. I would get the Oceanic 30 in a second, but they don't make it with a black trim. :(

Thanks

I could paint it, but I don't really want to. Everytime it gets bumped the paint comes off. Been there done that with a 58g Oceanic. lol

I forgot to mention that the lighting will either be a 150w or 250w halide.

I hate to be difficult, and you guys are giving wonderful suggestions, but I like the tank to not have a canopy that hangsover the trim. It makes the tank look smaller.

Not according to their website or my LFS. I know they used to sell them with black trim, but now all they offer is cherry or maple. Its homo

pecto is having a deal, 1$ a gallon for all tanks. dunno if its just in my NY/NJ area, might want to check it out, u can get a 30g cube for 30 dollars.

You can change the trim color w/ a little work, just tsand all the wood down clean it up, and paint.

Fishfreak218

i dont think its wood.. i think its plastic..

also is it really that big of a deal? i think the trim isnt that noticable anyway. i mean... i love mine.. you could go with the cherry

The oceanic tanks use real wood for the trim. I love it. I might just go with the lighter color so it will still match nicely with the black canopy. Thanks guys :)

The oceanic tanks use real wood for the trim. I love it. I might just go with the lighter color so it will still match nicely with the black canopy. Thanks guys :)

I just cut the trim on my Oceanic 33+ and it was plastic.

I have painted trim many times and sanding it with 400 paper and wiping it down with acryliclean made it damn near as tough as the original coloring.

painting - it's all in the surfae prep.

Well, I got the 37g Perfecto yesterday and I also ordered a 150 watt DE halide retro with a 14k Pheonix bulb :) While at the store, I put the 30g Oceanic and the 37 Perfecto side by side and it wasn't hard for me to choose. I will be making a thread about it when I get my stand and canopy built.

Archived