Pod Your Reef

New Tank - 3 month old 7 gal Minibow

|n0_0ne|

Well, heres my tank. Just got rid of Red Slime using Ultra Life's Red Slime Remover. Works wonders in 4 days. Photos are teh Sux0rs because i am HORRIBLE a taking pictures.

Tank Specs:

32w CSL Retro PC Lights

7# LS

10# LR

Aquaclear 150

50w Ebo Jager Heater

Powersweep

Indiglo DIY Moon light

Tropic Marin Salt / RO

Livestock

1" Captive Bred False Percula

2 unknown Acropora

2 Frogspawn

2 GSP colonies

Xenia

Something Else

2 Blue Ricordia

Misc Mushrooms

3 Queen Conchs

6 Blue Leg hermits

3 Nass. snails

3 Margarita Snails

Full tank shot

full_tank.jpg

Small Acro Frag - Anyone know the name? Its a Purpleish color.

acro1.jpg

Small Acro Frag 2 - This one is a faint green, cant tell in the picture.

acro2.jpg

Does anyone know what this is???? I know its blurry. Its soft tissue...

something.jpg

Looks great! I like the rock work =)

Yeah the last pick is a blastommusa and its an LPS coral

Watch your GSP's if they get to close to your acropora frags you can kiss them good bye.

Thanks for the ID.. i knew it was a b something...

What did you mean about the GSP's getting close to the acros? Is there some sort of danger tf the GSP getting to close to them?

Should I be moving the GSP then?

Thanks for the compliments too!

deacon hemp

to no one-yes the gsp is in danger,acros are pretty aggressive they will wipe out yer gsp in no time!like deskjockey already said.

i've seen it happen.

i had no idea... I thought the Acros were in danger from the gsp. guess ill do a lil more research on Acropora.

Thanks

actually I was referring to the acropora being in danger ???

Ive never seen acropora take out GSP its normally the other way around. GSP are very aggressive Ive only seen a few things tolerate them, they can easily overgow a nice acropora colony in no time. SPS corals are generally more sensitive to anything. Heck if they even fall in the sand that can kill them. BUT if two SPS touch then they can cause some damage to each other.

harbingerofthefish

that's a nice looking Blasstomussa colony (minus the blur :) ), is it reativly new?

Mine lost it's color in a matter of weeks. It still opens just not as full and plump. basically the same set up as yours.

deacon hemp

I have a frag of red staghorn thats attached right to my rock,i also have a gsp and it's the mat type that started to encrust and touch the encrusting part of the stag and it was war.The stag showed signs irratation but the whole gsp didn'n open fer going on 4 or 5 days now the gsp is my biggest colony too.yesterday i cut the gsp so that the main colony is not attached to the war zone part and i hope it's not to late!btw the stag is still going strong!

Archived