Coral Vue Hydros

The rebirth of my tank!

LakerFan

So I got bored one day and decided that I hated all the red macro algea taking over my tank. It was time for a new tank with new rock and I get to use the SD sand that someone gave me ( I didn't like what I had before, it was crushed coral) I went with a 15 gal tank so I can use everything that I had from my current tank. All I had to do was use the store credit that I had from my LFS (he takes xenia) so no money came out of my pocket except for $35 for one of my zoo rocks.

DSCN0117_Small.JPG

DSCN0135_Medium.JPG

DSCN0155_Small.JPG

Nice pic of the brain up close

DSCN0150_Small.JPG

The GSP's, Xenia Elongata, and frogspawn were given to me by club members from the SCMAS (bunch of nice guys there!)

The Brain and Xenia are from the old tank.

From the zoo's I only had to pay for the big piece in the middle ($35) it has several different colored zoos and it branches up and all the way to the back. The rest of the stuff I got with my store credit from my LFS so it's basically free since he gives me the rock that the xenia I give him is attached to.

deacon hemp

no 1 is saying anything about yer tank,i like it more than your 10 gal.You have nice rockwork and zoo's.I also love the macro of the brain but i just love close up's of corals .beautiful tank!

Hey Ed,

How's it going? When am I going to see pics of your tank? The leathers were getting way too big for the tank, it was poking out of the water so I sold it to the LFS. They just grew way too big for me, when I got those, they were about 2 inches in height.

Ben

ok...its time for you to visit my house for a few frags....stop lagging man! come over this weekend! or else i am going to sell them all..hahaha..j/k

give me a call..email me for my number if you lost it

Tank looks great! That brain looks like its doing really well too =) Man talk about xenia coming out of your ears you were growing crops. Thats pretty smart of you to keep it wedged between the forgspawn and the GSP this time;)

The 2x55w is a JBJ setup inside a customized 10 gallon canopy from the LFS. It fits really well and looks really clean. I'll take a pic later.

SmartaZaWhiP

Ohh it's Mr. LakerFan, Nice tank friend. As far as your old tank is concerned, HOW THE HE#$ did you get your xenia to grow like that??:)

I mean it looks great!

The Unit - Here's how you fit 2x55 pcs over a 10 gal footprint

DSCN0213_Small.JPG

Also I got a new zoo rock and it's pink!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCN0177_Small.JPG

DSCN0193_Small.JPG

As far as the xenia goes, I really don't know why it grew so much and so fast with the old setup, it seems to be slowing down now, which really sucks, because that's how I get stuff for my tank. Trading it in to the LFS.

Archived