Cultivated Reef

liverock

djnanoreefer

djnanoreefer

this is my first nano reef and its been running a weekwith just sugar sand and yesterday i bought some live rock from my LFS and the polyops haven't opened up yet and the water conditions are perfect.

so how long do polyops take to open up?

yankeereefer

This needs to be moved to beginners forum - djnano is gonna need some help...

dj - can you post some more info about your setup? If the mods don't move this for you, I'd suggest heading over to the beginner's forum. Read some of whats posted, use the search feature and ask your questions over there.

Yankee

Welcome to NanoReef

djnanoreefer
What you said made no sense. What polyps? Live rock isn't coral.

the rock was in my LFS system for a while and it was in a tank with coral and it has a small puple sponge growing on it a few small polyops

Yeah, the coral and sponge will most likely die while cycling your tank. I can't see the polyps surviving an ammonia spike, then nitrite, then nitrate.

djnanoreefer
Yeah, the coral and sponge will most likely die while cycling your tank. I can't see the polyps surviving an ammonia spike, then nitrite, then nitrate.

i used mature water out of my LFS system the same sytem the rock came out of. will they still die?

post-21915-1155850398_thumb.jpg

post-21915-1155850413_thumb.jpg

post-21915-1155850452_thumb.jpg

firefishbrain

he could take a dremel and cut out his own pieces then get some REAL lr to get it kick started... heheheh, actually that would be cool...

The Propagator

Has any one else noticed the date stamp on those pics yet?

"11/08/06" Its just now "8"/18/06 LOL! I think you need to reset your time stamp. ;)

djnanoreefer
Has any one else noticed the date stamp on those pics yet?

"11/08/06" Its just now "8"/18/06 LOL! I think you need to reset your time stamp. ;)

thanks for pointing that out

Archived