Cultivated Reef

sgoodine's 7G

sgoodine

Hi folks. Here is a picture of my 3 month-old tank. It was originally started as a 10 gallon 11/26/02. The 7 gallon was born when I moved the contents from the 10 gallon 12/26/02 (just the S/W, LS, & one small LR). I have since added everything you see in the photo. I plan to add a lot more as time allows. I keep telling myself "No, don't buy that coral today - wait a few weeks!" Anyhow, this has turned out to be a great hobby so far. I'm really amazed that these small tanks can do so well :)

Happy reefing

Shane

March%203%202003%20008.jpg

very nice looking tank:)...real clean and neat. I often think about switching over to a bow from my 10 . uhhhhhhhhh it never ends does it:0

omg your sand is so clean but I see you have some hair algea on the filter I presume. Careful, it could spread but dang what a nice tank. Plus your rockwork is great

supernip, yes that is hair algae. I'm removing most of it tonight with tongs. I've been putting this off for a couple of weeks now but I had to put a stop to it tonight before it does get out of hand.

Thanks for the kind remarks Donna & supernip.

Tank Setup Info:

7 Gallon Mini Bow Front

1 32watt CSL PC Smart Light Retrofit Kit

1 CPU Fan installed in light hood for cooling (currently not in use because I have not had any temperature issues).

1 HOB AC Mini filter with no media

1 AC PH (87 GPH)

1 Tronic 50watt Heater (works great –temp fluctuates between 79.8 & 80.1)

1.5” Live Sand

8 to 10 pounds of Fiji LR

Tank Life:

3 Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

3 Astrea Snails

3 Red Mushrooms

Candy Cane

Star Polyps

Brown Button Polyps

Pulsing Xenia

Branching Hammer Head

1 Bi-Color Blenny

tank looks great. The hair algae is actually kinda nice looking. Yes it should be removed but, contained in one spot like that, it looks real nice.

Is that xenia or the star polyps growing out from under the right side of the candy cane?

Crakeur, that's star polyps growing under the Candy Cane. I'll take some close-up pics when I get a better digital camera. My HP 315e really sucks at macro shots.

Shane```

Archived