ReefCleaners.org

My 10 Gallon Nano!

Joe

Nishant3789

nice, i like your rock arrangment, its different than the standard "try and stack as high as possible" its like its in a rock pool  almost...

nishant

Well as everyone has pointed out there isnt any sand because when I put this tank together I was trying to keep the costs as low as possible with as little equipment as possible hence the no filters except the powerheads and the rock. The tank is doing quite well like this and I have found everything is happy. I do plan on adding some Macroalgae though because I am starting to get some nitrate and thats not good I do not want any green hair algae problems or red slime. I have found that astrea snails are getting HUGE in my tank. I have 5 of them and they munch algae all day! Next im going to add more corals. Im going to add some Shrooms and Xenia next. Im not sure im going to add any more livestock then that. Just keeping it simple.

Thanks for the comments though on the tank.

Looks nice.  Wasn't too long ago that bare-bottom was the status quo unless you were going to the trouble of setting up a plenum.  A couple pounds of sand just to cover the bottom would look nice, though.

Very nice setup.  

In a way I like having no san din the tank, makes easier to clean detritus.  You could have a spray bar attchaed to a powerhead behind the rocks that pushes all the crap at the front for easy cleaning.  If you manage to export nitrates sufficiently then I think its fine.

Good job, love to see the tank in 6 months time, bet it would look superb.

Archived