Coral Vue Hydros

Sunlit pico. should I?

thomasdang

We have a skiylight right above a bench in the living area of our house and today i realised it might be perfect to run a sun lit pico reef right under it!!!java script:emoticon('B)', 'smid_12')

B)

being in Sydney Australia, its usually sunny. iv seen reefers put picos next to the window with good results. would a skylight work the same? and im wondering if i have missed any other points of consideration?java script:emoticon(';)', 'smid_11')

;)

i don't see why not. :happy:

just check if you have enough sunlight thru the day. i moved my pico back to the window when i finally accepted that my skylight (deep & narrow) just didn't let in enough light (time-wise) through the day.

the window was still more although the summer months are yielding less light-time than in the winter months (due to angles of the sun).

you can check the link in my sig for my setup, which is further linked to my original thread in the contest forum (step-by-step). hth

wow

wow

thats a really cool tank.

having seen that i stumbled over a post in reefs,org about somthing called a "God-Tank" . i havent been able to find more info on it apart from an experiemnt done by daniel knop. where live rock was placed in a tank with lighting and flow. the only maintenance was evap top off. apparently several years various jelly fish and other critters evolved within the closed system.

i have not been able to find more research regarding this research. is there anyone out there familier with this research?

thank you!

i think we had a discussion on the "god tank" here once. i remember the topic/name but i don't remember much beyond that. sprung was fiddling with no waterchanges too for a system around that time as well.

i think (in the god tank thread) we also spoke about suspended reefs. i.e. on stilts or hung overhead. i don't remember the under-lit aspect though.

Archived