Coral Vue Hydros

7gal Minibow

Gilman

Hey there folks, I am new to this forum and to fairly new to reefkeeping. This site was part of my motivation in creating our (girlfriend and I) Nano Reef, so I thought I would share photos of the results so far.  The link in my signature is to a website I created to keep track of the maintenance schedule as well as archive photos to show the progression of our tank. I hope you enjoy it.

(Well in the preview the signature did not show up so I will go ahead and post the link here just in case... http://www.oc-creative.com/reef)

Gil

reef hugger

that is very good looking tank. and a nice site. what kind of camera are you useing? it takes some pretty good pics.

the pic that you have labeled sponges, is actually a tunicate. i have one that looks exactly like that yours. it came growing in the middle of a GSP frag.

i really like your tank gil. i also have a 7 gallon bow cycling right now and hope to start adding livestock soon.

Welcome Gilman!

Very nice tank and site. Marine Depot let you pick up fish? At what location? A few of us here were told no pickups on livestock.......or do you have connections? :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

HuBu, our tank has been set up for under a month still. That's why it is still fairly clean. It is also the reason there is not very much livestock. We are trying to be patient and add creatures slowly.

Drysocket I completely agree about the clown being cute. It reminds me of a 1" orange dog when it's begging for food. :D

NanoReefer53, thanks!

joshnemily, thanks for the critter ID. Noone on Reef Central corrected my incorrect sponge label. Most of the pictures have been taken with a Sony Mavica MVC CD-300.  Glad you are enjoying the photos.

Metznreef, can't wait for some pics!

lizbeth, they sure did let us pic up fish. We picked them up in Anaheim right by Edison Field. I called a day in advance and scheduled a pickup from them. My friend also purchased a juvenile Koran Angel. I am not aware of any other Marine Depot locations. I have also purchased dry goods from Marine Depot in the past through will call.

Well, my girlfriend and I went to Pet Town in Lake Forest today to look around, and to pick up 5 gallons or RO water. They have a tank there that has single mushrooms in it for $1.99 each. There was one that had connected to a small rock (the first time I had seen this in this particular $1.99 tank.) Needless to say, we are now the proud new owners of a single little mushroom on a small rock! I will try to get some pictures soon.

Till next post,

Gil

Hey there folks,

I just posted a few pictures of our new Mushroom on our site. Not sure what type of Mushroom it is. Any help on identification would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Gil

Gil -

Tank looks just awesome.  If I weren't using a 3g eclipse that I already had sitting around, I would definitely go for a 7g bow.  They are so sharp & you've done a nice job with rock placement.

I don't know any more info for you on the mushroom but the snail hitchhiker you picture is a stomatella varia and the "Not sure on this" photo looks like two vermetid gastropods to me.

Best of luck & keep taking those great photos.

Carinya

Vixyswillie

Hey, Gil! Good to see you here!! :) That tank (and website) is lookin' great! BTW... did you ever figure out what that goofy-lookin' worm was??

Keep us updated on the progress, K?

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!  :)

Vixswillie, the worm is befuddling to all. Close ups now available, and as I thought previously, it is in fact green (only flash used for lighting) in the middle with pink/red ends.

062502worm1.jpg

062502worm2.jpg

With sleeping Percula (photos taken VERY EARLY in the morning)

062502worm3.jpg

062502worm4.jpg

You can see its eyes......

062502worm5.jpg

062502worm6.jpg

Thanks for the nice comments,

Gil

Vixyswillie
Quote: from Gilman on 9:27 am on June 27, 2002[br]Note To Self: Vixyswillie is spelled Vixyswillie, try harder next time :)

Not to worry! ;)

Cripes - that worm is kooky!! Gotta love those beady little eyes! :o

Guest AbSoluTc

Gilman-

You might want to consider removing while you can, until you get a proper ID.  Cuzz once you get an id, if its bad, that worm will disappear!  Usually what happens when you have something bad. :)  

I dunno tho.

great looking site!  real professional look and great pics.  interesting green worm.  i'd leave it until it does something wrong, then kapow!

• 1 year later...

Archived