Pod Your Reef

My 4 gallon Nano

reef-fanatik

reef-fanatik

Hi everyone im new to the site and i just wanted to show you my 4 gallon nano. Its currently stocked with only one yellow tail damsel. I plan to stock once i get back from vacation and start school. Tank Dimensions are 16Lx8Wx7H. the lighting is 18 watts 50-50. Whisper filter 10 but plan on getting a AC 70 and making it into a fuge.

Ill show you guys then tank from the beggining to the present. Hope you like it.

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

10.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg

nice looking set up however you should not have a damsel in a 4 gallon and i hope you weren't thinking of adding more fish....

yeah I was curious about that as well -- what's with the UGF? Nice tank otherwise - looks like it's just a shorter version of my 5.5G

reef-fanatik

(Superpuffer) thanks... as for the damsel im gonna be giving it away before i go to vacation. Wich is like 2 days away.He will be going into a 50 gallon FOWLR tank.

The only fish i might add (after taking out the damsel) would be a yellow watchman gobby or a pair of neon gobbys.

(Irishtexan) The undergravel filter doesnt serve its purpose of filtering i just use it from cracking the glass from the LR... just to be safe.

Well thanks for the comments and when i get back from vacation i guarantee ill get some corals in it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well im back from vacation and i finally got around to taking some pics. School these days just takes up all your time. The live stock in the tank right now are a gsp rock, firefish, and some kinda polyp. As for future live stock i will only be like 2 scarlet leg hermits and maybe a shrimp.

Well just check out my pics and tell me what you think.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry about the pictures i dont have the best camera.

I got the tank at one of my lfs. there supposed to be for reptiles only but i liked the shape so i got it.

I thought about doing that before, but I thought they were for reptiles for a reason. Like are they really strong enough to hold a full tank of water? I've seen a lot of sweet reptile tanks that would look awesome as a saltwater.

andre- the only reason i can see that the tanks are for reptiles is because they have the cage hood. other than that there stron enough to hold water. just have to do a water check to see if it leaks. Other than that you should be ok.

quy_nquyen- thanks. I like long tiny tanks too, theres just something about them. firefish are really cool there not shy at all.

Well since the last pictures the water was a lil cloudy thought i would take some more cause i advanced in my picture taking skill. Here they are.

dimmedlightsfts.jpg

fts with lights dimmed low

freddythefirefish.jpg

Decided to name him Freddy the firefish

frags.jpg

Some frags i got.

gspnormal.jpg

gsp.

gspatlightsdimmedlow.jpg

my mountain of gsp.

Actually the tank is way below eye level. but when i go to sleep its exactly at eye level. Maybe ill get a Cold Cathode Ray and use it as moonlights.? As for the heater im using a 50watt heater. Its behind all my lr close to the sandbed so you cant really see it. Ill try to get some pics of it.

thought about doing that before, but I thought they were for reptiles for a reason. Like are they really strong enough to hold a full tank of water?

They are only meant for reptiles, there made out of a thinner glass. but for you little 4 gallon i wouldnt really worry about it but if you were trying to get a 40 breeder or something i wouldnt get it. Just my two cents.

Archived