Coral Vue Hydros

18 gal via aqua

vanessa

Custom Aquatic sells them online. But, be prepared to wait about 3 weeks to receive your tank. Unless CA is actually keeping the tanks in stock now. When I ordered mine, they had to drop ship it from the importer. Needless to say, the importer was flakey at best. And CA misled me throughout the experience until I was able to talk to the supervisor there.

I was also charged twice for shipping. They removed MOST of the first shipping charge from my card. They didn't remove all of it. So, I'm simply done dealing with them. Nobody should run a business like that.

That's the only retailer I know of that sells Via Aquas online. And, I won't be ordering anything from them again.

John

Check your local aquarium shops though. After ordering mine, I found three local reef shops that sold them retail. Sure, it was a bit more expensive. But, at least you can look the tank over and be sure that's what you want before actually buying it. And you don't have to go through the hassle of dealing with mailorder.

Oh and by the way. I love my 18 gallon Via Aqua. It was worth the pain in the backside to get it. I'm just sensitive to customer service, ESPECIALLY from a mailorder company.

John

yes, check your LFS. I got my 18g Via Aqua locally, all 3 stores that are around me have them in all sizes and colors. They charged me $250 for the tank, lights and stand. I love my tank too, very worth it in my opinion!!

I ordered my via aqua through Custom Aquatics and didn't have a speck of problem ordering it. They had several in stock and I got it in a week from ordering. The only problem I had was when I plugged the lights in one side didn't work so I called them and they were willing to fix it asap but for some weird twist of luck the lights worked the next day. So other than that my tank is great...It cost $169 then another $30 for S&H. Oh well. Each person has their experiences with online stores.

I got my ViaAqua at Custom Aquatics as well, was a pretty fast delivery and everything came in a very well packed box.

That looks like very thin acrylic. Get a straight blade razor and score the acrylic and break the piece off. It is very easy to make a tight fitting lid out of acrylic. I really like the aquarium very cool. Also if you have a good glass cutter around you they will make very minute cuts so it fits perfectly.

JJ

The acrylic top I had cut by lowe's is ok not the best...it bows under the heat from the lights. The only other thickness they had would have cost $35. Oh well. :|

Archived