Top Shelf Aquatics

Upgrading lighting on Eclipse 12 - Smartlite Retrofit

Jade

I've read previous threads on this topic, but still had a couple questions that I didn't see covered.

My tank is an Eclipse 12, and I've yet to make any modifications to it. I haven't yet begun setup on my upcoming nano reef, but want to make a decision on lighting prior to ordering my live sand and live rock. Standard lighting in an Eclipse 12 (for those who don't know) is a 13 watt flourescent. I've seen people recommend Custom Sea Life's Smartlite Retrofit, which would bring an additional 32 watts into my setup.

My question is really for anyone who's used this kit on this Eclipse model. Have you successfully added it between the existing light and the filter the system comes with? I'm a little concerned that it won't fit, although it *should* based on the measurements... I just have a weird feeling about it all for whatever reason ??? Knowing for sure, prior to ordering one, would make me feel a whole lot better. I could always remove the existing 13 watt unit and just add the retrofit in it's place - but I'd like to end up with the 45 watts total if I can. Thanks everyone

I just installed the CSL PC 2x32 in my Eclispe hood. Just go ahead and take out the old fixture. The instructions that come with the kit explain how to install it in the Eclipse hood, so you shouldn't have any problems putiing it in.

Archived