Pod Your Reef

REFUGIUMS Powered Cheep-ass DIY w/ LEES' Specimin container

Dave ESPI

OR,

ITT ...So I made some ###### LOL

I have a tang that wants to munch ALL my algae. I told him NO !

now I enforece it after he figured out how to get inside my hang- on DIY eggcrate basket. MUUWAHH HAHAHAHHA !

look I illustrate 4 U !

In%20Tank%20DIY%20Fuge.%20jpg.jpg

any questions, ask.

I could also reccommend a few small holes in the opposite end of the flow is too fast over the top edge of the fuge.

PS : its AWESOME fer surface tension busting too.. :)

IN IM Chris asked.....

cMoReAsH: too bad theres not a HOB version ;-)

Dave ESPI: well, there could be

Dave ESPI: but I'd fear a flood

cMoReAsH: yea

Dave ESPI: You would have to have PHead in tank, a hoze looping OVER the lip of it, and into the specimin container. The container would have to be elevated with some pvc and then a hole at the top of it would be needed with returnlines and a much more agressive angle of supporting round "O' against the tank so it leans OUT from the back of the tank, but with some added plastic and a "Mouth" siliconed on it, it could be feasable.

An external free flow return HOB tank fuge REVERSE design. Try it. it would be B) .

Thought it was merited of a response. :)

ok, so 2 weeks later, I have noticed this pesky trend on the design if the angle of it hanging in the tank is not steep enough. The water flowing over the lip of the container will sneek down the hanger on the lip and make a mini stream down the glass and puddle in the plastic frame. SO ! I decided to make some minor modiFINications.

I whipped out my handy dandy tool of a billion and 1 uses and Dremeled a few holes with my conical oxide stone (which BTW MELTS the plastic.. lolz) and make a few holes at the far end on the container.

you could also make the container lean more agressively my trimming down the bottom support "O" and making it thinner. I made holes first, and then when I wanted to increase the water flow, I also took a few eights off the "O" at an angle so it sat flush to the glass. now its "niicceeeeeeeeee - e-nice nice." ;)

Dave I'm soooo proud of you! Using a dremel! Making something! I have a new found respect for you!

But dave you can buy a CPR in tank fuge for 30 buck..... I know that's not as fun as making one.

Nishant3789

hmm how much does a dremmel cost? is it just the tip? like could i buy one and use it with my dads powerdrill?

ummmm yes cyber, but this is the D I Y forum not D I Buy Forum and this entire design is wicked cheep, so thanks fer a comparative rate link :)

Archived