SaltCritters.com

12gal Eclipse Setup

twflys

Alright, I might need some help here with my test results. It's day 2 of my setup, and I just ran all the test with the following results:

temp: 80 deg

Ammonia: .025 free & 0.2 total (which one do I pay the most attention to?)

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 2

Alk: 4.5

PH: 8.08

Salinity: 1.022

I'm not exactly sure what kind of results I should be looking for here, or the trend to be followed during the cycling period. Happy reefing!

Tom

Salinity should be around 1.022-1.023 so yours is good

pH, I believe, should be around 8.4

Ultimately you want your levels to be:

nitrites-0

ammonia-0

nitrates-0

Hmmm, not sure....... it might be fiji, but I couldn't swear on it, maybe base? $4.88 per lb/ on sale The tall rock had a ton of red algae on the backside of it at first, but i think due to being neglected from the light, it's starting to die off a little...... the other rocks came with a few hitch hikers at least 2 very small feather dusters, and a long snail, with segmented shell.

that live rock looks bad quality with not much life, i have hundreds of feather dusters on myne and loads of corriline algae

correction on pH ideal should be 8.2X)

as for the live rock...I don't think I would buy from that place again. It's probably their base rock. You should have a ton of corraline algae growth on your rock and more than a lone feather duster. You might want to look around for another reef shop to buy from. Or your best bet would be to look around on your internet for a local reef club...these are just people who live in your area that get together once in a while and discuss their tanks and topics. They will also trade or sell corals/LR/sand, etc. for a ton cheaper than what you can get it at the store. I got wonderful LR from one member that sold it for $3/ lb and it was loaded with snails, corraline algae and star fish, etc. I also bought some coral frags from him for about $5/each. So check around for a local coral reef club or saltwater fish club in your area...a lot of times they will also have a message board you can post your requests for different things and if someone has it they will contact you. :)

Archived