Cyber

Hello,

New pics of my 7Alife and 18ViaAqua

7Alife

reef16.jpg

reef17.jpg

18ViaAqua

reef19.jpg

Don't mind the algea on the bottom. I "save" them for my gobi and blennies. ;)

Cyber

Hello,

Da specs:

7Alife:

Light: 27W PC 50/50

Pump: 200gal/hr

Sump/Refugium: Built-in on the back

Skimmer: None

Filter: None

LR: 10lbs

LS: 10lbs

18ViaAqua:

Light: 2x36W PC, 1 Actinic, 1 Daylight

Pump: Rio 180

Skimmer: Prizm Delux

Filter: Millennium 2000. I like this one.

LR: 20-25lbs

LS: 20lbs

Additives:

3-5 drops of Cal everyday

3-5 drops of Iodine on Wed and Sun

5-10 drops of Coral Vite on Wed and Sun

3-5 drops of Strontium on Wed and Sun

3-5 drops of Micro-Vert on every 2 days

Others:

Water change every 2 weeks.

Top off everyday manually

Light on blue first at 9:00AM, then daylight at 12:00. Off at 11:00PM

Skimmer is ON only few hours per day.

Cyber

The tanks are looking great! Say If you want any pink pom pom xenia for your 7 let me know Ive got some trimming to do. Love the little red headed goby Ive been think of getting two for my 55. Just wondering how long have they been up?

Hello,

- DongShenYin:

The little fish is red headed gobi. I bought them at Exotic Fish on my trip to LA for $9.99. They are perfect for nano. They don't require lot of feeding in a well established tank. However, I feed them flake here and there anyway. I saw them at the show tank in aquatic warehouse for more than 6months and they never seem to get bigger.

-DeskJockey:

The 7Gal is up for 2months. The 18Gal is up for 6months. I think my tanks need some "yellow" and "red" elements. The color seems too green-brown. If you have any "free" or "cheap" frags let's me know. I'll be more than happy to "take" them off your hands. :D

Thanks

Cyber.

love the tanks!

I also have the viaaqua 18g, how do you like that mill2000 filter and the skimmer? how is the fitment of the mill2000, I tried to use a filter but it would not fit becuase the "lip" of the viaaqua was too wide.

Hello,

-Sonic: The mill2000 fits mine 18ViaAqua perfectly. I tried a TopFin before and it didnt fit. Then I tried a Aqua Clear, it was ok but the motor died on me. Then I switched to mill2000, and it's awesome. The water output is parallel with the surface so there is no "white film" on the surface. It also contains a bio-screen that has holes on it for bacterial to colonize. Then a machenical and Carbon filter combo follows behind it. Also there is a system to release bubbles into the water if you ever need them ( you can turn it off). The water flow can be controlled over a valve. The whole design is very slick. Would be nice if they incoperate some heater in there.

The skimmer is Red Sea Prizm. It fits perfectly too. However, due to the small volume of water, it's better if you turn it on only 3-4hrs per day.

BR,

Cyber

Archived