Innovative Marine Aquariums

Melting Ric's

Mini_GBR

Is there anything that can be done to save a melting ricordia. I'd love to save this piece, but I'm afraid it can't be done. Also, if it does completely disinegrate, will this affect the other ric's I have in the tank, or just effect the water quality in general. Should I just give up on the piece to save the water. Thanks.

- Mike

Is there anything that can be done to save a melting ricordia. I'd love to save this piece, but I'm afraid it can't be done. Also, if it does completely disinegrate, will this affect the other ric's I have in the tank, or just effect the water quality in general. Should I just give up on the piece to save the water. Thanks.

- Mike

hey Mike

I lost 2 yumas that were shipped to me. What i'd do is place them in extremely low light and under very mild flow, and hope it recovers. Both of my yumas shriveled up in my 6 gallon but didn't have any visible effects on all my livestock.

thanks ez, i thought maybe they weren't getting enough light, i know that flordia ricordia like a lot of light, but I was acclimating them lower in the tank when they started to melt and figured maybe they hadn't gotten enough, I was going to move them up higher in the tank as they became accustomed to the light, but maybe I'll keep them low for a while and hope it will recover.

The Propagator

It can and will effect other RICORDEA in your tank if they are close by.

That slime will cause a chain reaction if it blows on to the others and kill them off too. :(

TRUST ME it will so keep them seperated by at least 4 inches and down current.

Also try and get some of the slime off of them by rinsing them off ( swishing them) in a bucket or container of tank water. It realy does help.

Got any ipcs of them?

Archived