Cultivated Reef

My First 10 Gallon Nano, Comments, thoughts & suggestions please.

gupebreedr

Hi Folks,

Well, this is now my second posting on Nano-reef.com. I have to say that I enjoy reading many of the posts and I have learned a great deal from all of you. Thanks for the great site!:)

At this point my Nano is 4 weeks old and all appears well. Will be adding various shroom and pollyps in about 5 to 6 weeks if all goes well. (Waiting for Income tax return check)

I would like to submit this picture for all to view. (Hopefully, I am attaching the pic correctly.) Please don't flame my butt to badly, I'm a newbie. LOL :D

Would love to hear your thoughts, comments and/or suggestions.

Thanks,

Rob

Tampa

Flok you too! :P

nice setup! i see lots of horizontal space for your 'refund corals'. nice placement, it looks bigger than 10g the way you have it spaced. very nice aquascaping, especially so for a small tank. B)

are you throttling back the emperor? or is there a hella current going thru there? 40x!

Hey Tinyreef,

Thanks for the kind words. I assure you, it is a 10 G. During the first two weeks I did have the PF running at full blast but have cut it down by half since I have finished adding the LR. You are right tho, there was a swift current in there.

Rob

Thanks Donna,

It sure helps when you can go and pick out the LR yourself. The company I purchased my LR from gives you a box and tell your to go ahead and grab what you want. I like that idea, this way I can get an idea how pieces will stack up and fit together.

Rob

Great looking tank u have used the space wisely adn keep lots and room while at the same time have rockwork for fish/inverts to takr refuge.

p.s ROCK ON U REEFER :D

Greetings all!

First of all, I would like to thank all of you who left comments regarding my new reef. Here it is week #5 already and I thought I would post an update. Yesterday I added a colony of yellow polyps and a small piece of Trumpet coral. As an added bonus I received a small Sally Lightfoot crab on the piece of polyps. In addition I added 2 more pounds of LS and a 2lb piece of LR.

I just completed a 10% water change. All looks well so far and I am hoping to add some shrooms next weekend.

Thanks again for all the help I have received from this site.

Rob

B)

Puff_the_Reefer

How long did your tank take to cycle? I just setup a nano the same size as yours although with a little less live rock. I see in your first pic @ week 4 you already had a royal gramma in there. I can't wait to stock my tank like you are doing now, but I guess I will have to be patient and wait...

Nice tank!

I have a VERY similar setup to both of you...mine cycled in 3 days..I used a 20 lb bag of Red Sea LS and 10 lbs LS from the curing pool at my local store+10lbs figi..... I run a 30 gal fuge in the cab with mixed live and miracle mud.....I just added a 70w over the fuge and a healthy bunch of mixed macro.

Here is a pic at 2 weeks..since then I have added another 5 lbs of rock, green shrooms, and pulsing xenia

Hi again,

Well here it is week #6 and I thought I would post another Sunday update. Added some shrooms yesterday. All is well, so far. Pic of new shrooms to follow.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's been over month since I've posted any pic's of my tank. Have been busy setting up a 56 gal reef.

Anyways, here is my latest updated photos. Yesterday, I added a pulsing Xenia, Torch and a Six Line Wrasse. The Xenia was open and pulsing within 30 minutes of it's addition. The Torch took a couple hours before it started to expand.

Archived