Coral Vue Hydros

Christopher's Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

Hey, I just wanted to tell everyone about my new site design!  It's a lot easier on the eyes ;)

I am also working on getting the webcam up and running again!  Keep checking the webcam page for it.

webcam.jpg

www.nano-reef.com/chris.  By the way, the page was placed online via the members website creation system as a beta test.  All went well.

Christopher Marks

I finally ordered my digicam yesterday!!!  It should be here on tuesday!  Fuji FinePix 2800.  I'll have lots of good photos once it arrives!

Nishant3789

hey chris i hear u also have a 40 gallon reef tank. is there aq website for that? id love to see it and im sure so would alot of others

nishant

Christopher Marks

I have a 46 and a 90.  I don't have any photos of them up on the site yet -> but I will be creating pages for them once I get the new camera.

Christopher Marks

I'm still having some troubles with the webcam, but I did get a new digicam!  So there are new (and nice) photos in today's entry.

nanoside07-03-02.jpg

nanoreef07-03-02.jpg

greenstars07-03-02.jpg

Go check it out: www.nano-reef.com/chris

looks great chris, i too see another tank in the reflection. possible to get pics of that tank also???????????????

Christopher Marks

The tank in the reflection is the 90. It looks much shorted because the bowed glass distorts the reflection. I'll have some photos of it soon too!

It's been set up since March 30th of this year. I keep all of my tanks scraped clean with a razor. I don't care for the look of coraline algae...so I guess they all have that clean look :)

Christopher Marks

Yes and no :)

They are actually more than just over flow boxes. Rather than having a sump below the tank, the 'sump' is within those overflow boxes. Where the water over flows there is just a prefilter sponge, and at the bottom there is a pump shooting water back into the main tank. The benefits are having a surface skimmer, and also having the main tank water level always stay constant. I just add RO top off into the sump.

Chris,

That's exactly why I asked about them; I have the same idea for my tank, and your tanks struck me right away.

I never liked traditional sumps. When I get my big tank, I'm going to have a "sump" behind the whole glass back, kind of like on those nanos you sell.

great tank chris! i love that hippo tank. what kind of lighting are you running over the 90?

Archived