inTank Media Baskets

29 gal compete?

killahbeez2000

killahbeez2000

hey guys ive had a 29 galloon cycling for a month and a half now with yellow tail damsels and i just added a few more pounds of live rock and a clarkii clown and a condy anemone of course the anenome isnt lookin to good he comming around though this morning he was inside himself now he got all his tentacles out but they are still pretty thin. well anyways the two blue damsels are about the same size as the clown and i have a sneaky suspision that the damsles are givivng the clown a hard time the fish are all about a inch and a half any suggestions?

What are all of your current water tests? You are jumping into this pretty quick. And you shouldn't have cycled with fish. It is cruel. There are other cheaper ways to cycle the tank. Anemones don't really tolerate poor water quality either. They will die rather quickly. When they do, many times they will crash a tank of that size. Most damsels are usually nasty little fish and can't be kept with much either.

killahbeez2000

ammonia nitrates zero i added the damsels only because the lfs guy told me i should and it was two weeks into the tanks cyclling its not like i threw the things in the there as sonn as there was water it was cycling fiushless with liverock and sand foe two weekss

Well if it was me, I would take the two damsels back and the condy. Keep the clown if you want him and your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are all good.

Archived