ReefCleaners.org

3.5 gallon pico in rubbermaid container.....

Deleted User 7

Deleted User 7

Hey all, once i move into my new office at school (that's right, a college reefer once more at age 29) i plan on starting a 3.5 gallon pico in a rubbermaid container i bought today. I will be using 30 watts of flourecent lighting and i am yet to figure out how i will work filtration. Also, current may be difficult to not overdo in this tank, but im sure you all have great ideas on these problems (seems how you all probably have picos).

- Doc Eben

I am somewhat curious as to why a rubbermaid container? Not to say it can't be done but I wonder about the clarity you will have and how much the container will bow.

Are you going back to school to finish up a degree or are you starting a new one? I came upon nano-reef while getting my master's degree a few years ago.

Good luck!

In his office. Are you working there or going to school? I also can not think of why a rubber made container. Is it clear? Are you going for the look down into it approach?

I realize it is in his office as he said "my new office at school."

Is it a 3.5g tank inside a rubbermaid container, or is it a 3.5g rubbermaid container pico?

Depending on the container, I could see a tank set up inside one for safety reasons, i.e. if tank breaks/leaks, water is still contained.

Archived