inTank Media Baskets

Nano Chunks 155gal Bow Front

NaNo ChUnK

Hey yall,

I have decided to start a bigger tank and got a good deal on a 155 bow front. I thought it would be helpfull to share one of many different set ups.

cimg0578sp6.jpg

The tank has the following

- 2 over flow boxes with Durso standpipes (QUITE)

5newbt1.jpg

- Refugium/Sump 20Gal breeder

Crushed coral with macro algea

cimg0579gn5.jpg

-Return Pump is a mag 12

-Protein skimmer Aqua C EV-180 with rio 3100

- Power Heads 2 x Rio Seio 640

- Mechanical Filter Aqua Clear 110 (upgrade to Ocean Clear 325 Filter )

Sand Bed is 3 1/2" - 6 "

Sea Floor Special reef Sand (220 Lbs)

Araga Live reef sand (60 Lbs)

All mid atlantic reefers If you can go to "that fish place" in lancaster, PA for all you stuff their prices are amazing (ex. Reef Sand $0.70 Lb) and the place is as big as homedepot.

I do recommend getting the Reef bible "The Reef Aquarium Science, Art, and Technology" This book covers every thing like how much a 90 Degree elbow decreases your gph rate it breaks down everything.

will be udating pics when water, live rock and other stuff comes in.

I'd consider a bigger sump/refug for a tank that big.

Something like a 40g? I just don't see 20g being big enough for all the needed equipment.

Just my suggestion, very nice looking tank btw. Should look sharp when all done.

Very nice tank! I love bowfronts...what are the dimensions?

I also agree that you should put a bigger sump under that bad boy...40 gallon would be awesome

Yeah i was kinda debating on it but a 20 fits wells under the tank and the deep sand bed will do most of the biological filteration, But i will be adding lots of top offs.

And trust me if you read "the reef aquarium" you would understand my selection on the 20 gal.

• 3 weeks later...

very nice..pretty cool aquascape..i've always been a fan of rock towers..i feel the back rock wall could be a little higher in some places to give it some more visual interest. other than that..i like it.

A New Toy

these things are alot smaller than i thought

CIMG0673.jpg

CIMG0677.jpg

MAN i need a chiller.. I dont even have MH in yet... ANy one have suggestions on a quiet chiller that is at least 1/4HP

Beautiful rock, ChUnK.

I think my next tank will be....a 300 gallon Bowfront. Nice job so far. Think your Mag Drive is heating the tank up?

Tang

• 1 month later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Try the 1/4 Artica by JBJ.... Very reliabe, extremely quiet and it has power....

I use it on my 72 bowfront with amazing results....

MG

I have had other angels in the past and never lost any coral b/c of them. I have just feed them something different every day of the week

Archived