Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

a few pics

jjharrisx4

I have a habit of buying corals from my lfs that are dying and trying to resurrect them. Here a a couple of pics of LPS that I have had for more than 3 years that were better than half dead.

First, a brain coral that I was sure was going to be a waste of money but I bough it anyway for $5. Since I bought it, it has maintaned it's size, and now has 2 baby brain corals growing from the dead areas of the skeleton. Also, a colt coral stuck to the dead area, and when I pulled it off a tiny fragment of tissue has grown into a new colt coral.

This is a bubble coral that hasn't regrown over any dead skeleton but has added a lot of new skeletal growth. I really like this coral. This is another one that cost me $5.

This last one is a pic of my sebae anemone and tomato clown...I love this pair, probably because most sebae anemones don't last more than a few months and this one has been in my tank for about 3 years.

very nice pics, I'm glad to see you were able to bring those corals back to life. And I'm glad to see you're able to keep that anemone alife for soo long. Glad to hear it. What's your setup?

So far I've only lost 1 sickly coral. It was a fox coral that just slowly continued to waste away for about 12 months.

These are all in a 50g with 4" DSB, 75lbs LR, 275w PC lighting. I use a Bak-Pak II Skimmer, and a bunch of powerheads for circulation...something like 1000 g/h.

Good luck on the yellow leather...It'll probably be fine if your tank is in good shape.

Your bubble looks great. I bought one from my LFS the other day and it's pretty cool to watch throughout the day. i fed it a small piece of raw shrimp today. It took it about 10 minutes to swallow the shrimp. You seem to have really good luck resurrecting lost corals!

nice lookin sebae, ive had a dark green in my 100 for going on 2 years now, ive heard alot about them not doin to good but mine gets feed 2 times a week an has done nothin but grow, i also have a tomato clown hosting in mine and the sebae clown host in the golden toadstool....lol go figure, nice lookin set btw

I like this pic of the brain because it shows the two babies that have started growing in the dead skeleton area. Also the colt frag that will not die.

Well, I know it's not a nano, but here is a pic of my 50g tank. Pretty much all of the rescued frags are in here.

Archived