Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

clownfish break his jaw? o.O

djchristone

djchristone

er...i have a clownfish who won't close his mouth. it's not like it's gasping but it's mouth is just constantly open and is white. generally, i've taken the sign that a clownfish's mouth turning white is bad. the female of the pair is fine and although she occasionally scratches her gilll on the sand bed, her top fin is always up and etc etc. the male on the other hand, with the 'broken jaw' just sits in a cave all day and looks like it's dying. he was completely fine for the first few days since i added him. he's been like this for about 3 days. he won't eat btw.

any suggestions or ideas?

disslocated jaw maybe?

i would put him "down" of i where you. there is no way you could sort this without proberly causing more damage and he is not eating

have you got any pics?

djchristone

bleh, he wasn't so good when i woke up this morning so i placed him in my 2nd chamber because he couldn't go against the flow...died by the time i came back from classes :\

djchristone

ok wtf...this is a bit absurd...the female of the pair is now sick. she doesn't have her jaw open like the other one but she's hovering in the same spot as the other clown, top fin down, and her poop is white...

my last clownfish died of some sort of gill infection. there was some white stringy thing floating out from it. i noticed that the female had been scratching her gill as well for the past few days. i let my tank just sit for a long time (1-1.5 months) before i added a fish so i figured all the parasites died. any suggestions/tip/help? thanks >.<

djchristone

that's weird...because they were pooping brown...but all of a sudden white?

she's been in there for 4 weeks...

djchristone

er...so what do i do against parasites?

oh yeah and she hardly eats now :\

i'm already running a uv sterilizer for around 12 hours a day (at night) and i'll do a 20% water change tomorrow. any other hints/suggestions/tips? thanks

Archived