Top Shelf Aquatics

My reefs

demodan

Specs, ok. It's an eclipse 12, I use the built in pump for a sump, no filter. 20 lbs each ls/lr. Rio 600 pump for extra water movement. I keep the salinity at 1.024. The lighting is a smartlight 32w. Green star polyp, fragged three times, green euphy hammer, yellow zooanwhatevertheheck, 15 astrea snails, sally lightfoot crab, 10 reef hermits(blue leg).

There were two sallys, but one ate the other, after having babies. The babies are like crabs, but with shrimp tails. I started this tank in feb.

Big pics. :)

Nice fresh setup.  I really like the look of the Zooanthids.

Hammer coral looks nice.

The hammer coral would be better placed about mid level rather tham on the sand.  You could bring those Xooanthids on the right hand side uppermost rock down and place the hammer coral there?

Nice setup.  Specs would be nice to have.

NaNO ReeFiN

Very nice tank, the liverock you picked out there looks great. That's a lot of snails you have there in your tank...

JIM27, I have so freakin' many of the green ones, which of the smaller rocks do you like, and what do you have to trade? And yes, next time I will make it smaller.

rhinoivory

Ok, this is gonna sound dumb, but I really like the surface of the rock you have chosen, I luv that rough texture, great natural look. I really like the "cliff" to the right of the picture with the yellow polyps on it. Keep us updated,

Don

i love those zooanthids.  i really want to get some that color but i havent seen any at any of my lfs.  

Very Nice.  Those zoanthids are cool.  I especially like the rock on the left.  It looks like a little tower with polyp on top.  

Thanks, the tower was made with frags from the large polyp rock, those things won't stop growing. I used super glue, and they attatched on their own after about two weeks.

Quote: from demodan on 11:21 pm on July 3, 2002[br]JIM27, I have so freakin' many of the green ones, which of the smaller rocks do you like, and what do you have to trade? And yes, next time I will make it smaller.

I rather not trade right now. I'm upgrading my lighting to 150w double-ended HQI soon and I don't know if they'd do well under so much light. But when I setup my next nano(which will be pretty soon) I'd love to trade for some.

As for stuff I have to trade, I have a small sock completely covered with star polyps, I also have a candy cane coral I can frag for you.

Jim27-

I thought I would mention, that I just picked up 2x150w ballasts and bulbs.  The new IceCap ballast and bulb I beleive.  I am very impressed with the performance and output of the setup.  Very nice!

HTH.

DA

Archived