ReefCleaners.org

Help me with a sump design

rleon3003

so i have a 55g with a sump that aint so great. i think its a 20g sump. i want to get a 20g tank and make a sump with it. ill buy the glass and some glue or w/e is used for this. i want it to have 3 parts. one where the water comes into the sump from the tank. i want to have a soc in there and the protein skimmer, Remora. then the middle section i want a fuge. as big as it can get. then the last the pump. i have seen some peoples sumps but i forget how they r. does anyone have an idea on how to make it or have a pic of ur sump or an easy sump? thanx

check out the pix i have of my tank. its under the members tank section. you can kinda see my sump in one of the pix. its very similar to what you described but i have my return with filter sock on the left, fuge in the center, and my skimmer and return pump on the left. i wish i would have used some different silicon though. ask around to see what most people use to hold their baffles in. hope this helps....

dan

Forget aquarium silicone, just go get some GE Silicone II at home depot, lowes, wal-mart. Good and extremely cheap. I second melevsreef.com. That's where I got my sump education.

Archived